CLA 45 AMG (C117) 2013 to 2018

New here.. Questions on exhaust, ECU and BOV

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 05:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 CLA 45 AMG Edition 1
New here.. Questions on exhaust, ECU and BOV

Hey everyone, new here! I have a CLA 45 AMG Edition 1 and looking to do a few upgrades and had a few questions..

Exhaust - Looking for a nice loud sounding exhaust that doesn't take away from the crackles and pops I love so much.

ECU - What are your reccomendations here?

BOV - Worth it? Do love the sound of a blow off valve but curious if it will take away from the crackles and pops.

Any opinions and advice welcome! Loving the car!
Old 12-13-2016, 12:34 PM

Cla 45 amg
In my personal opinion with a downpipe it would be more than enough for an exhaust noise as that's what restricts most of the noise from factory, you can also cut the factory resonator as well.

ECU tune I currently have renntech and am not disappointed at all. It mostly has to do with preference.

BOV I would get as I have it on my car and love the noise it makes. None of these mods will take away the crackle and pop sounds as the exhaust is a valvetronic exhaust from factory.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-14-2016, 12:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 CLA 45 AMG
In terms of a bov, I like weistec's. Sounds good, and doesnt take away from the overall sound at all. For a tune, I'd go with Alpha Performance, as they are known for alot of their AMG upgrades, (besides all the alpha GTRs of course) I had a weistec tune and switched over to Alpha Performance. My numbers are 380 WHP and 430 WHTQ on 93 octane with a Tune, Downpipe, BOV, and Intake. In terms of exhaust, take a look at Remus. They have a nice sounding catback for our car. Don't forget to get a downpipe too, makes it louder but also gives a decent amount of power.
Old 12-14-2016, 01:10 AM

2015 CLA 45 AMG Edition 1
Awesome, thank you guys for the input.. stoked to start messing around with the car!
Old 12-14-2016, 09:11 AM

CLA45 AMG
I would also recommend AMS or Renntech for the tune. For exhaust you only really need a downpipe and AMS looks like the best one especially for the price.
Old 12-14-2016, 10:21 AM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
I would love to throw our name in the mix as well for the ECU performance tuning!

We have locations all around the world, are known for our pre and post customer service, and have a motor replacement warranty as well!

www.eurocharged.com
Old 12-14-2016, 10:45 AM

CLA45 AMG
Originally Posted by loungn14
I would love to throw our name in the mix as well for the ECU performance tuning!

We have locations all around the world, are known for our pre and post customer service, and have a motor replacement warranty as well!

www.eurocharged.com
Forgot about Eurocharged. I have heard nothing but great things about your tune as well.