A-class consumes too much water and have no leaks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A-Class 140 - W168 - 1998
Angry A-class consumes too much water and have no leaks

Hello,
First of all i want to thank everyone for contributing at this forum. Is very helpful
Now, let me explain my big problem: I have this car, a-class w168 Avantgarde 140 petrol, that now has 221.000Km. I have invested in it too much since the car is for my mother and i want to be everything perfect in it before She gets on the road. Now, for 3-4 months i have this problem. I heard the cooler running to hard, and i stopped the car to check it. I saw that water was missing from the radiator.I putted water in it and the cooler slows down. Now, every 4-5 days in city (or 200-250km long distance driving), i should fill up the radiator with water. I was at a MB service and they made all the needed tests - that means, they putted pressure on radiator - and they didn't discover any thing useful. Now my mother is still running this car as it is, and i fill the radiator again and again. Today, i observed that it had too many air on the radiator tubes that gets and sends water to the engine, and it want let any water on the radiator. The air pushes the water out. I let the car engine on with the radiator cap off. In 2 minutes it was settled down and i managed to fill the radiator with water.
I don't know where all that air presure came from, where the water is going on and how to manage it.

Hope you can help us.
Thank you in advance.

P.S. Sorry for my english ;-)