Classifieds The classifieds listings have been archived, create a listing in our new Marketplace!

FS: UNIMOG 404 hard cab and VLF box

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2006 | 03:15 AM

FS: UNIMOG 404 hard cab and VLF box

I have a rare German hard cab (with the roof hatch!) and rear VLF box from a 1963 404.115 UNIMOG. I am making this a trail truck, so I'd prefer these items go to a good home rather than get destroyed on the trail. Previous owner was in the middle of a frame-off restoration and returning the truck to its original-issue khaki, hence the two tone color scheme. Some rust needs to be cut out on the box. Please email me for more details and pics, dclee3@gmail.com. Asking $2300 for the cab, $1500 for the box or any fair offer. You'd have to come pick them up or arrange shipping from Northern California.

Thanks,

Derek Lee
Old 10-28-2006 | 01:43 PM

AMG's
Derek, How do you like that Unimog?

I have a Hummer H1 I'm selling right now and I thought about replacing it one day with a Unimog.
Old 10-28-2006 | 07:52 PM

05 C55, 01 C240, 00 Discovery
what h1 are you selling?? year? options? price?
Old 10-28-2006 | 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by DChan415
Derek, How do you like that Unimog?

I have a Hummer H1 I'm selling right now and I thought about replacing it one day with a Unimog.

Good choice. Not to disrespect the H1, it is a great vehicle for its originally-intended purpose (which was most definately NOT hardcore off-roading), but a 'MOG will dominate a Hummer, whether H1, 2, or 3, on any real trail. For that matter, so will a Toyota Land Cruiser, a Range Rover, or a Nissan Patrol. The 'MOG may not keep up on the freeway, but it will eventually arrive on the scene to pull out the stuck Hummer so that the 'MOG can get past it to the actual tough parts of the trail.

'MOGs are primitive (noise, heat, cold, you're basically sitting on top of the engine as it's a forward control design)) and it takes a while to learn to drive one (there are six shift levers in my truck that must be mastered), but that's part of what makes it such a flexible and capable vehicle. And it just simply doesn't break. I don't know about H1s, but I have seen way too many H2s and 3s break stuff to put much stock in them beyond the blacktop.

Thanks,

Derek
Old 10-29-2006 | 03:14 AM

AMG's
Originally Posted by dclee
Good choice. Not to disrespect the H1, it is a great vehicle for its originally-intended purpose (which was most definately NOT hardcore off-roading), but a 'MOG will dominate a Hummer, whether H1, 2, or 3, on any real trail. For that matter, so will a Toyota Land Cruiser, a Range Rover, or a Nissan Patrol. The 'MOG may not keep up on the freeway, but it will eventually arrive on the scene to pull out the stuck Hummer so that the 'MOG can get past it to the actual tough parts of the trail.

'MOGs are primitive (noise, heat, cold, you're basically sitting on top of the engine as it's a forward control design)) and it takes a while to learn to drive one (there are six shift levers in my truck that must be mastered), but that's part of what makes it such a flexible and capable vehicle. And it just simply doesn't break. I don't know about H1s, but I have seen way too many H2s and 3s break stuff to put much stock in them beyond the blacktop.

Thanks,

Derek

The H1 is a great rig, I love driving it. That thing is the most stable thing on the road even though it has almost 2 feet of ground clearance. Its the weight and the width. Theres no way it'll do any serious wheeling or rock climbing just because of the weight. But I love driving it around. It drives the same on or off the road. Its a great rig if you need to go over almost any terrain you run into at a high rate of speed while taking small arms fire. Kevlar body panels, mine protection, bulletproof glass and bulletproof tires are available. Its pretty indestructible unless you run into IEDs. Fortunately I dont need any of that crap so the thing is pretty useless to me at this point. I'm in San Francisco and I dont have enough parking spaces. Otherwise I'd love to keep it in the collection. Anyway, Its a 1998 Turbo Diesel Wagon with all options and 100k miles. I have it listed for $33k. Email me if you're interested.

Sorry to hijack your thread Derek.
Old 11-08-2006 | 12:03 AM

Price Reduced!

After talking to Alex at EE, he suggested I lower to $1500 for the cab and $1000 for the box. But as we are champing at the bit to start my Doka build, I really want to offload these items, so please make me any reasonable offer (i.e. I'd accept even less than that if it's a fair and serious offer). Thanks!