CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

clk430 hesitation problem at full throttle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 11:45 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
1987 190e 2.3-16 sold and missed, 1966 220s, 2016 GL550, 1999 C43, 2006 CLS 55
clk430 hesitation problem at full throttle

hey guys,

A while back i changed the plugs and wires. Installed the Denso Iridium Plugs and Beru wires. At the time when i changed the plugs i had removed the windshield washer reservoir to make it easier to change the driver's side plugs, and while installing it i believe some of the windshield washer fluid got on the first ignition coil that is on the drivers side. i didn't notice this until later on when i noticed the car had a sort of slight misfire or engine shake while in drive at a stop light. Out of curiousity i decided to remove the wire for the first cylinder on the driver's side and what i found was blue residue on the tip of the spark plug wire and coil. i installed a different wire and cleaned the end of the coil. However, now when i decide to full throttle the car at any speed or from the get-go, i notice a hesitation at full throttle and a slight jerk when shifting at high RPM's. But at half throttle the car seems to pull harder, and shift smoother. It just doesn't pick up like it did when i first got the car, and it's upsetting. I'm not sure if it's AMF or the coil for that first cylinder on the driver's side. and there is no check engine light on. The new coil at MB dealer is roughly $300 as i get shop discount. Is there anyone that has had this type of issue with their car? i would like to get this fixed as i want my baby running at full potential. Please help me guys.