CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Power seat ECU repair info

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 08:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CLK W208
Originally Posted by ma140137
Can you please tell me how to flip flop[ the relays on the seat control module? what they look like?

I pulled the lever to let my son in the back on driver seat, seat went forward, however when I let lever down, seat did not slide back. it is stuck in forward position and seat will not recline all the way back. Dealer told me today need a new seat control module over 800 installed. seat will rise up and down, recline back only a certain portion however fore/aft will not work, and dealer thinks this part of module is nto working.

maybe if I can flip flop relays I can get seat back and it will allow me to recline back, i am 6 ft so I cannot drive, andyhelp on flip flopping relays to get seat back would really really help
I really have no idea on your question. i had the same issue and i bought a new control module and problem was gone. i purchased new seats for my car in a different color so thats how i'm left with two seat control modules that i'm willing to sell if the price is right. let me know i have the driver and the passenger side i have been keeping them as backups but again if the price is right i let it go.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 55 AMG
LINK FOR BTS409L1

http://search.digikey.com/us/en/prod...NCT-ND/1557896
Old 05-13-2012, 05:07 PM

2001 clk 430
no read on diagnostics/ HELP..................

I have recently been having problems whenever I am idle, going in reverse and overall driving. The car feels like it is going to stall as I come to a stop, when i start to go in reverse etc. I had my mechanic use his scanner to plug into under under the dash and no read at all. the screen would not turn on? Does this mean my ecu is dead? electrical problems?
Old 08-19-2012, 08:56 PM

clk 430 cab
I just ordred some of these and will post back when I install them. Now i have to figure out how to take the bolts out when the seat is all the way back....

Also thanks sidvicious for the link

Last edited by kalvina; 08-19-2012 at 08:58 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:25 PM

'05 SL65 AMG
Originally Posted by kalvina
I just ordred some of these and will post back when I install them. Now i have to figure out how to take the bolts out when the seat is all the way back....

Also thanks sidvicious for the link
If you can get the two bolts from cushion out at the front corners the cushion flips up and you access the control module. They are torxs bolts that connect the seat tracks to the seat cushion.
-Jim
Old 12-16-2014, 12:15 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 CLK430
on the passenger side I lost the bottom rear tilt, and a few months later lost the front/back control. All other controls on the seat work properly. I can hear the relay click when the switch is moved. I've also verified the motors are good by moving them to a different position on the controller.

So I think I need a controller. I pulled it apart, and the transistor listed in the thread is not burned, no traces on the board damaged. I do however hear the relays rattling quite a bit when i rock the controller back and forth.

So. Does your controiler rattle? If the transistor mentioned blows would all seat function cease or is ip possible to loose just a few functions.

I'm wondering if I need the transistor, relays, or just a new controller.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:12 AM

Audi A4 B5
All relays rattle: they are OK.
My seat dosen't move back/forward neither when I flip, nor from the switch. Motor is working with direct voltage to the pins of the connector
I'll replace the IC and will post what happened
Old 02-26-2015, 09:31 AM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by sedefcha
All relays rattle: they are OK.
My seat dosen't move back/forward neither when I flip, nor from the switch. Motor is working with direct voltage to the pins of the connector
I'll replace the IC and will post what happened
I'm assuming that you have checked all three motors. The middle motor is the for/aft motor.
Also, you have checked the trunk fuses......a lot of people in this thread are jumping to new modules etc before doing basic motor/fuse checks.
Old 02-26-2015, 01:23 PM

Audi A4 B5
Fixed: lubricant from the reductor penetrated inside the motor and covered brushes and rotor. Cleaned it and everything works.
I made some pictures if someone is interested, but it is a simple job.
Before removing the motor I spend 4 hours in electrical checks, because seat was moving by putting 12V to the blue and white wire. When i plug it in the control unit only the relay was clicking... Strange thing is that this is three brush motor. All other are normal 2 brush motors. The signal for position comes from a Hall sender inside the motor
Is the motor a spare part, or they sell whole seat frame?

EDIT: First speed is from the switch on door, second speed is triggered when you flip seat. PN of motor is 208 820 0842 and price here in Bulgaria (Europe) is around 150 euro.

Last edited by sedefcha; 02-26-2015 at 02:01 PM.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:34 PM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by sedefcha
Fixed: lubricant from the reductor penetrated inside the motor and covered brushes and rotor. Cleaned it and everything works.
I made some pictures if someone is interested, but it is a simple job.
Before removing the motor I spend 4 hours in electrical checks, because seat was moving by putting 12V to the blue and white wire. When i plug it in the control unit only the relay was clicking... Strange thing is that this is three brush motor. All other are normal 2 brush motors. The signal for position comes from a Hall sender inside the motor
Is the motor a spare part, or they sell whole seat frame?

EDIT: First speed is from the switch on door, second speed is triggered when you flip seat. PN of motor is 208 820 0842 and price here in Bulgaria (Europe) is around 150 euro.

In US $135 US dollars
https://www.getmercedesparts.com/oem...des-parts.html