CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Locked Key in Boot

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes 230 Kompressor Convert
Locked Key in Boot

Hi, Ive locked the key in the boot.

Got into the car with a wire coat hanger but the release button wont work.

Followed advice from a forum here and tried the lifting the carper under the passenger side to connect a jump lead from the bolt to an earth under the bonnet to release the boot catch and it didn't work.

Tried calling the rac and they couldn't suggest anything (Not even their tech dept)

Tried a locksmith and he couldn't pick the lock.

Anyone know how to disengage the central locking?
Old 07-28-2012, 09:35 AM

1999 CLK Cabriolet 320
That's a shame its a soft top if it was a coupe I believe you can remove the rear seat and there's access, but can't on the soft top,

I had a similar issue I assume you are miles away from the 2nd key?

The boot locks seize up on these, and its hard enough even with a key,

The car probably knows it wasn't opened with the key and hence boot still locked, I tried pulling fuses in the engine bay with no joy,

Sorry I can't help more, hopefully someone else can,
Old 07-28-2012, 03:05 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
E55 AMG V8 Kompressor 2004 E 55 AMG Type: 5,439 cc (5.439 L; 331.9 cu in) Supercharged V8 Powe
that sucks
MB Always have a spare key...

But if is correct you got a MB 230 w208 yes?
in the rear between the rear headrest you got the first aid kit, take it out there is a little hole inside and with a flash light and a little work you should be able to reach your key.
Try using the coat hanger wire you should be able to fish it out via the first aid kit is located in the rear window, in the hat shelf...

Hope you can reach it man, but weird if you cant open the boot via the release button inside the car??? Did you disconnect the battery cable before you locked the key in the trunk?
Sorry tried the same thing also had lock smith drilling the lock out used 4 hours but he had to go home again same thing MB got the best and most secure boot ever haha..

If you disconnected the battery cable and that is the reason why your writing here??
Then hehe get hold of a car battery a pair of jump starter cables open the hood and see look drivers side behind the headlight washer container you will find small black box marked with a X
open it and connected red positive to it from the battery and of course minus ground somewhere on the car, you will see plenty of places to mount earth.
Now push the boot release button inside your car, if you got one?
This have to work else you got another problem. I did this but MB warned me they knew about it but would not confirm it can work but told me they heard about it but it could fry up something so I should do it on my own
risk, well 4 hours drilling I got no other choice else destroying the boot..

Try this man if is not what you already posted then sorry I misunderstood..
a black plastic box marked X on it you cant miss it, the positive cable to the bolt and ground it properly important..
It will give you power to engage the central looking system just push the button, else I hope you got the lock left to push..

Let me hear how it goes and pls feel free to ask but this has to work mate.

Last edited by SuperChargerE55; 07-28-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:06 PM
Banned

We are the locksmiths in Perth that locals trust. Our mobile workshops are available 24/7 for your convenience just in case you find yourself locked out of your Home, Car or Business. If your keys have been lost or stolen we can gain access and recode your locks for you immediately.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2001 CLK 55 AMG
I had the same thing happen years back and luckily one of the seats wasn't locked back and the pop-up red tab was showing. I don't have a fix for you (sorry), but ever since that happened, I've always left one of the rear seats unlatched.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 132 Likes on 98 Posts
SL 350 R230 (3.7L with AMG Speedshift autobox)
Because you forced the door the car alarm is still activated and therefore the trunk switch will not work.
You can try this. I haven't doen it myself but believe it works...

Remove drivers fuse panel, pull 4 fuses on left 7.5A and 5A, wait few secs and replace then try door unlock switch to see if it alarm has been de-activated, if so trunk release should work. If not try other fuses.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 98 Likes on 88 Posts
2002 CLK 55 AMG cabriolet Eurocharged
What year is it?

The 2002 had a release button you can reach through the sub woofer hole with a broom stick. 2001 mabye.

This thread is dead 2012

Gator

Last edited by GatorMB; 09-10-2014 at 11:20 AM.
Old 09-11-2014, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 132 Likes on 98 Posts
SL 350 R230 (3.7L with AMG Speedshift autobox)
There is also a hole as mentioned under the first aid kit you can try and see in to get your key with a long wire. Failing that just push the plastic back behind the armrest its only held in by two small screws and should come away easy.
Old 09-13-2014, 01:04 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
E55 AMG V8 Kompressor 2004 E 55 AMG Type: 5,439 cc (5.439 L; 331.9 cu in) Supercharged V8 Powe
never

Originally Posted by malik446
We are the locksmiths in Perth that locals trust. Our mobile workshops are available 24/7 for your convenience just in case you find yourself locked out of your Home, Car or Business. If your keys have been lost or stolen we can gain access and recode your locks for you immediately.
never in a million years. Locksmith wasted 4 hours drlling my lick open and eventually had to give up. U wont get the w208 lock open if not having key and battery on.
see my post back how to open without trunk if battery is dead or cables was disconnected trunk closed.