CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Jack Insertion-Hole Covers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 430, SLK 230
Jack Insertion-Hole Covers

I've got a 2000 CLK 430 with the AMG exterior package. This winter, when it was -40 friggen degrees outside, I went to replace my brake pads, but when I pried out of the side mouldings the covers that hide the insertion holes for the car jack, they were so brittle from the cold that they broke. Apparently, to get replacement parts from the stealership it will cost $52 for a front cover and $64 for a rear cover. The kicker: they come unpainted, and to have them painted to match costs an additional $100 per 3"x2" cover! Sorry, I know y'all at the dealership need to keep the lights on, but seriously!

My question for you guys/gals is this. Does anyone on the forum have a CLK they're parting out and happen to have a front cover and a back cover that I could purchase for a reasonable cost? I haven't tried the wrecking yards yet, because I'd rather do business with one of you, but the price has to be comparable, of course. My car is black, but if your covers are a different color, I am sure I could purchase a can of spray paint!

Thanks,

Rob
Old 04-06-2010, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 CLK 430
Originally Posted by robfox14
I've got a 2000 CLK 430 with the AMG exterior package. This winter, when it was -40 friggen degrees outside, I went to replace my brake pads, but when I pried out of the side mouldings the covers that hide the insertion holes for the car jack, they were so brittle from the cold that they broke. Apparently, to get replacement parts from the stealership it will cost $52 for a front cover and $64 for a rear cover. The kicker: they come unpainted, and to have them painted to match costs an additional $100 per 3"x2" cover! Sorry, I know y'all at the dealership need to keep the lights on, but seriously!

My question for you guys/gals is this. Does anyone on the forum have a CLK they're parting out and happen to have a front cover and a back cover that I could purchase for a reasonable cost? I haven't tried the wrecking yards yet, because I'd rather do business with one of you, but the price has to be comparable, of course. My car is black, but if your covers are a different color, I am sure I could purchase a can of spray paint!

Thanks,

Rob
Expensive for the covers but if you want to buy them and save on the painting just paint with spray can paint from auto store.
Old 12-15-2014, 11:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML350 4Matic and CLK 430
Jack cover plastic tie connectors

By any chance, do you know where those plastic tie fasteners on the jack covers connect into on the rocker? I'm assuming these keep the jack covers from being lost, but for the life of me I cannot find a hole to stick the tie into.
Old 12-17-2014, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 121 Likes on 95 Posts
2015 GL550 4matic
same scenario for the front headlight washer nozzle covers. I painted the new one with spray can of Chrysler silver color that was noted somewhere on the forum to match my silver paint. It looks good. A few coats of silver and a couple clear, about $15 in rattle cans. I also did the plastic strip where the roof meets the pillar with the same paint. I need to do the other strip, it's faded/peeling now.