CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

18" or 20" on 2000 CLK

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 11:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Tesla Model S
Originally Posted by Williams707
Nice long write up without saying anything
To be fair, most of it was quoting your post.

Ok, not inaccurate but misleading by almost 10% might as well said Nitrogen is over 1%
How is it misleading? I said it's over 70% and it is. Misleading is leading in the wrong way, which I wasn't.

You stated in your post "It doesn't give you a better ride" which is why I tried to explain to you that it does.
In your opinion. This is getting a little silly. All I did was call you out on incorrect information (nitrogen is thicker than air) and you proceeded to tell me how your individual experience transcends science and listed misleading sales points as fact (Tests show that nitrogen reduces tire failure by as much as 80%) while telling me I'm "misleading" for rounding a number.

Regardless of contradictory information, it all boils down to the individual trying it for themselves and making their own judgement....
Although I agree with this, I'll still call someone out for thinking their butt dyno is a replacement for an actual dyno or that unmeasured "data" trumps impartial scientific analysis. I'm speaking metaphorically about butt dynos by the way.

BTW: I don't worry about small things like how much it cost to fill my tires with nitrogen, even if I had to do it every month..
I'm sure the tire shop loves you, and in a coke fueled haze somewhere in Santa Monica, a copy writer got his wings.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
2000 CLK 320
You keep missing the big picture.

Yes you made a correction to nitrogen not being thicker but you also went on to state that it doesn't give you a better ride which you are wrong. The point I was making was never about the correction you made to nitrogen not being thicker, but that's what you seem to keep your focus on.

How about you stop making assumption to what you think you know about me, my financial situation, my experiences, and my car. You have twice assumed that I'm spending money on nitrogen refills which I get for free!!! You have assumed that I'm wasting money and offered me a solution on how to save money. Well it's my money to spend how I please and for me to determine waste or value. You took the bait...walked into a trap...never seen it coming...lol

How about you come to Japan and I show you, or Ash will be in Japan and I'll show him so he can tell you. Anyone else visiting Japan also welcome.

How about instead of doing a Spin Zone, talk about your experience with nitrogen, rims, tire size, type etc... Then let people do a cross comparison to make their own decision.

Members would find more value in that vice the...........................what did you say???
Old 11-27-2016, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 Mercedes CLK 320
Can you tell me if these tires will fit

Hi I read all the link about 18 inch rims and I am trying to suprise my boyfriend with rims and tires .

He has a 2000 Mercedes CLK 320 coupe . I scored some 18 inch rims for him and I have my eye on these tires . I noticed that they aren't the exact size that the forum conversation mentioned but I need to know if they will work without altering his vehicle in any way ? I don't wan tot go get the tires mounted and give them to him on these 18 inch Mercedes rims and not work ? and I cant find anything that tells me they will or wont . Im researched out . Thanks

Delinte Performance Radials: Mounting & Balancing Available
18" Delinte Tires Staggered Set of 4 - (2) 225/40ZR/18 & (2) 245/40ZR/18
Old 12-20-2016, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CLK430 coupe
The front tires are the correct size - (2) 225/40ZR/18
The rear should be - (2) 245/35ZR/18 to keep the overall diameter the same with the wider tire. Hopefully your rear rims are one inch wider than the front if you plan to run staggered tire sizes.
Old 12-20-2016, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 190 Likes on 169 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 GLK350 & 1992 190e sportline
Im going to do it for the green caps.