Go Back   MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Coupes & Cabriolets > CLK-Class (W208)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Welcome to MBWorld.org!
Welcome to MBWorld,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-10-2011, 04:24 PM   #1

Drives: 2001 clk 320
2001 CLK 320 antenna (rubber boot)

Hey All,
I am looking for information regarding the rubberr boot that protects the rooftop antenna. I am sure the dealer will tell me that the whole dome like assembly will need to be replaced but any ideas where I could buy one? The rubber piece tore and I was using black electrical tape until a recent trip to the car wash. Now it is gone. Any help would be great!
To remove this ad, register today or login if you already are registered!

rcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:24 AM   #2

Drives: 2002 Mercedes Benz CLK430
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrane View Post
Hey All,
I am looking for information regarding the rubberr boot that protects the rooftop antenna. I am sure the dealer will tell me that the whole dome like assembly will need to be replaced but any ideas where I could buy one? The rubber piece tore and I was using black electrical tape until a recent trip to the car wash. Now it is gone. Any help would be great!
I purchased one from eBay and installed it myself. When installing it make sure you run hot water and soap on the rubber stub antenna because it will not fit through the boot. The rubber boot seal is sold with the rubber antenna.

This is the listing I recently purchased mine from: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ht_2486wt_1163
CLK430Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:49 AM   #3
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drives: 2002 CLK430
www.europartsdirect.com do a search on antenna. They're about $25.
MarcusF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:59 AM   #4

Drives: 2001 clk 320
Thank guys. I appreciate it and will search tonight.
rcrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:19 PM   #5

Drives: ML320
Had a similar problem on 2001 CLK320 Coupe. Rubber cap of antenna disappeared over the summer when my son was driving it. Local consult with MB Dealer resulted in advice to buy the entire assembly for $220 installed. I went on EBay and bought an after market URO replacement cap/gasket for $25. The antenna hood can be removed with a hex tool in about 2 minutes. The hex nut in on top, easy access. The replacement cap was a tight fit and required some WD-40 and took about 20 minutes to work through existing antenna hood opening. Gasket fit perfectly. Make sure old rubber cap is entirely off. I had the residuall base and once I figured out that was impeding the fitting of the new cap it was a breeze. Total cost $25 and 1/2 hour of elbow grease. Looks and works perfect .
bgillj220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:19 PM

Tags
01, 2000, 2002, 320, antana, antenna, clk, clk320, cover, installation, la320, mercedes, mw, rubber, universal