Go Back   MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Coupes & Cabriolets > CLK-Class (W208)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Welcome to MBWorld.org!
Welcome to MBWorld,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-04-2011, 03:15 PM   #1

how to reset service indicator

Just had my A service done but they forgot to reset the service indicator. Can someone please tell me how to do it myself.
Thanks
To remove this ad, register today or login if you already are registered!

Angel 430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:20 PM   #2
Mob

Drives: 00' CLK 55 AMG
In the exact same situation, can someone explain how to do this?
Mob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:28 PM   #3

Drives: CLK320
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hISgSjyrK2w

Video of how to
gotabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 04:11 AM   #4

Drives: CLK55 E280CDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel 430 View Post
Just had my A service done but they forgot to reset the service indicator. Can someone please tell me how to do it myself.
Thanks
The instructions are in your owner's manual.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:55 PM   #5
MBWorld Fanatic!

Drives: 99CLK320,
I followed the instructions under Flexible Service System in the manual and it did not work. I have no buttons on my steering wheel. Anybody?
VIPclk320's cold air ram intake and front & rear strut bars, Ghostrider's short tube headers and rear camber kit, MB front control arm camber bolts, Vogtland Springs, Bilstein Sport shocks, Goodridge stainless braided brake lines. Wish list: SuperSprint resonator and muffler, seconary cats deleted.
dlbehrns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 08:13 AM   #6

If you follow the instructions for the FSS reset in the manual, it will work...you have to be quick and it might take a few tries.

Get in the car and close the doors. Put your finger on the R button but do not press it yet.

Turn your key to the Run (ON) Position(ON but not started)

Now Press the R Button 2 times.

You will see the number of miles/days remaining for displayed.

Turn the key to the off position within a few seconds (do it quickly).

Press and Hold the R Button while turning the key back to the run (ON).

keep holding in the R button for 10-15 seconds more, you should hear a beep, and see that the system has reset the service interval.

Let go of the button.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:59 PM   #7
MBWorld Fanatic!

I did exactly what you suggested and what was in the manual. NADA! the number of miles or days does not display rather SERVICE DUE NOW. after the first step turned the key off, pressed and held the R button, turned the key to #2 position but did not start, and held for at least 15 secs, no beep, no reset. I follow instructions well becuase I give instructions all day long in a call center so I know I did it the way it should be done but it won't reset. Please dont tell me to take it to the dealer.
VIPclk320's cold air ram intake and front & rear strut bars, Ghostrider's short tube headers and rear camber kit, MB front control arm camber bolts, Vogtland Springs, Bilstein Sport shocks, Goodridge stainless braided brake lines. Wish list: SuperSprint resonator and muffler, seconary cats deleted.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:40 PM   #8

Believe me, I'm the last one to say ..go to the dealer.
Are the doors closed?
It's been a while since I had my '99 but I'll try..when you press R twice...don't wait for the mileage to come up...press twice/off/continue to hold/back on...all within a few seconds
Old 12-22-2011, 02:55 AM   #9

Drives: '99 CLK430
If I remember correctly you turn the key to position 2, press O twice, turn off and then quickly back to position 2 while holding R until it beeps.
Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:28 PM   #10
MBWorld Fanatic!

doors were closed cindy. will try the the 0 first then the R thanks Flounder "Toga, Toga, Toga!"
Old 12-22-2011, 09:47 PM   #11
MBWorld Fanatic!

Interestingly enough!!!!! I pressed the 0 button three times, held it down and turned the key to off then turned the key to #2 without letting up on the 0 button and it reset. Sheesh!!!!! Hope I can remember this the next time. Thank you all.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:47 PM

Tags
05, 2002, 2005, 430, 55, amg, clk, clk55, due, indicator, light, oil, procedure, reset, service