CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Do NOT buy extended warranty from BUYERS CHOICE!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do NOT buy extended warranty from BUYERS CHOICE!!!

Warranty is junk and does not cover MANY MAJOR items if you read the fine print. The warranty says "Electronic Contol Modules" but does not specifically say "Transmission Control Modules" so they do not cover this $800 item!!!! Buyer beware!!!

My Mercedes dealer has dropped this company for this type of sleazy reason.
Old 10-06-2014, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
POS Dodge Journey
I agree 100%. A these people are blood-sucking sheisters.

I've had a very aggravating experience with Member's choice warranty. Long story short, the car has a stutter/hesitation when braking. Under warranty and dealer looking at it. Rental/courtesy vehicle not covered though. So move to members choice. They can't authorize rental coverage until dealer completes the diagnosis, and the defective part must be covered by MR warranty. After which, the dealer has to call by phone to members choice (average 45-minute wait time) and tell them the diagnosis. Then one can get an authorized rental from Hertz or Enterprise. This very inefficient and unprofessional process at the cost of $1,700 is not worth the hassles in my opinion.

I would strongly advise against third-party extended coverage warranties, if not warranties altogether, that is unless you have absolutely no means or intelligence to research and repair a vehicle yourself. If you absolutely have to have an extended warranty, grab your ankles, apply lube, and let the dealership take superior advantage of you with the sever amount of money they will charge. OR invest your money in a Tesla Model S and never have any of these issues ever again.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 121 Likes on 95 Posts
2015 GL550 4matic
If you read any kind of consumer reports type stuff they will all tell you that buying extra warranties will never work out to your favor. Manufacturers know they they will only give a warranty for X time period because 99% of problems will never happen during that period. Extended warranties have so much fine print that they never cover anything either, they will find a loop hole to get out of ever paying for anything.

My Nissan had the warranty extended to 120K miles for known transmission failures. When I had a problem with the transmission valve body (major internal component of the transmission) at 119K, they said it's not covered unless it's a transmission "failure" I tried to tell them it is a failure of the transmission because the car will not drive right unless this major component of the transmission is fixed, but corporate didn't give a crap. I sold the car and reluctantly bought a brand new of one exactly the same model because that's what the wife wanted. They win.