Go Back   MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Coupes & Cabriolets > CLK-Class (W208)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Welcome to MBWorld.org!
Welcome to MBWorld,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-18-2013, 11:09 AM   #1

Drives: 2000 CLK 430
Exclamation Rear Headrest - Roll Bars Randomly Engaging....help?

For those of you following my saga, you know I just got my ride back last week.....after it sat for 7 months dues to lack of funds and "life".....

found here:

ABS/BAS/ESP Error. NOT brake lamp switch

NOW I got an even stranger problem. I have had my 2000 CLK Cab back for a week and it has happened 3x...RANDOMLY.

There is (for lack of the proper term) a "tilt sensor" that is suppose to "eject" the rear head rests up in the even that to vehicle "thinks" it may roll over.

I have gone over a hill a bit too fast once and the head rests jumped up (make a loud *** racheting sound - for those who have never heard it)

Anyway I have had my car back for a week and the head rest have RANDOMLY jumped up. No rhyme or reason..... anyone have any idea why this would be happening?

The most recent time it happened as I UNLOCKED THE DOOR with the fob......

I have since left them ejected up, because the sound of them springing up - literally scares the hell out of me.

Any advice? Any pros can tell me what "system" or "module" controls the deployment of the rear head rests?

I wanted to try to at least get more info on the subject..before it has to go BACK to the shop....

:*(

TIA
To remove this ad, register today or login if you already are registered!

nicgentile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:41 PM   #2

Well its still cold as hell in Philly, but I cycled the top the other day - put the top down - and back up.

Since then the roll bars have not randomly deployed.

Lets hope this is a long term fix. As of now - SOLVED.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:32 PM   #3

This issue is NOT solved. The roll bars/ head rest still randomly jump up and scare the hell out of me....

does ANYONE have any idea the control system that manages the rear headrest/roll bars ??

Looking for some help here guys.....

Thanks!
Old 04-14-2013, 11:25 PM   #4

Drives: 2002 CLK430
Should just be able to pop the fuse. I don't have my owners manual handy but take a look in it and see what fuse it it. Not sure if anything else is on that circuit or not.
krazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:25 PM

Tags
03, 2000, clk320, clk430, colision, deployed, fuse, head, headrest, manually, mercedes, rear, rest