CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Trunk Open light on, trunk closed & alarm goes off

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03' CLK320 Cabriolet W208
Trunk Open light on, trunk closed & alarm goes off

Hey everyone,
It's been about a year of problem free driving....BUT.....my 03 clk320 cab is on another mood swing! I've searched threads, but seems I'm only one with this issue.
Last week I heard the most God Awful alarm going off & finally went to investigate, found out it was MY car, SO searched posts, Ah Ha! Must be a dying/dead siren battery, get home, pull in the shop, remove the siren & I'm good for about 3 days, when I walk over by it for my "Bad habit" and the friggin' lights are flashing! SO.....quick run to the forum....ok, I'll manually lock the doors. Problem solved? NOPE! I look through the window and the "trunk lid open" lil red light on the switch is on????? WTF?? Look over cab...Nope...it's shut! I search the forums & the internet & I honestly cannot find a single post that addresses this issue, my fob & the switch are perfectly functional in opening the trunk, my key will open the trunk, TG! for AZ cars!! I do know that my trunk interior light has never come on & the trunk light switch in the car (I assume it's the one on the left) has had duct tape holding , I'm guessing the pin you can pull to shut the light off, in, as there is duct tape over the switch, but under the liner. HOWEVER.....I have NO CLUE what the switch on the right, the Black one with the roller, is for or does. Does someone have ANY idea how to help me?? I'm going Nuckin Futs!

Between this and the seam for the top coming unglued, on the passenger side at the bow by the rear window, so I can't wash my baby, until I can figure out best way to reglue it. ***Ideas? Fabric is great shape*** I'm about to send lil blackie down the road.

HELP!!
Old 10-27-2014, 03:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK W208 Evo
A bit late answer but....
try to take a look at the trunk light.
I've had a similar problem, and it was caused by the broken lamp.

Don't remember the exact schematics, but I seem to remember that the "trunk open" signal is taken from the light (the side that goes to ground chassis once the switch closes).

Bye,
Edoardo.