CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Did my 430 exhaust, let me know what you think!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 09:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 430
Did my 430 exhaust, let me know what you think!

After a long internal debate weather to put an exhaust on my CLK or not I broke down and did it. I nearly sold it because I was bored of it, and now, im deeply in love. Cut the rear muffler off, welded pipe and nice tip on, left resonator and I cant be happier!

Vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLrf...ature=youtu.be
Old 07-21-2014, 12:04 PM

W208 CLK55 AMG, W203 C32 AMG, W163 M Class Sport
I probably would have gone with a dual tip similar to a w208 AMG. The exhaust sounds loud and looks like a pretty big single tip you would see on a Japanese car. It could just be the camera angle though. What size is the tip? I typically wouldn't want my exhaust that loud because it isn't a race car and I don't want to draw attention from law enforcement on my daily driver.

You could always switch to an AMG muffler if you get tired of the drone on long trips. I just saw one for sale on the forums.

I noticed your car seemed to move a lot when you sat in it. Has the suspension ever been replaced? Switching to some Koni Yellows and H&R Springs might give you what you're looking for.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:41 PM

CLK 430
It is a 3 inch outlet on the exhaust, not nearly as big as the angle appear, I did this simply because I couldn't find a dual tip that maintained the clean look I was going for and needed it done in a 6hr span because I had a car show to be at. I really do enjoy the sound and most people look confused when they hear me, assuming its a different car, but around hear everything is louder than me. Since I let the resonator remain I have noticed zero drone even at 70-80 on cruise so decent rpms. With the top up its almost no different as I have sound deadened the entire trunk. Also the suspension is original, a bit soft but no excessive bounce, I plan on a h&r spring kit next springs project!
Old 07-30-2014, 11:58 AM

CLK 430
Sorry, but here's my opinion : Ugly sound, poor CLK 430...
Old 07-30-2014, 04:10 PM

W208 CLK55 AMG, W203 C32 AMG, W163 M Class Sport
Originally Posted by 02tahoeindiana
It is a 3 inch outlet on the exhaust, not nearly as big as the angle appear, I did this simply because I couldn't find a dual tip that maintained the clean look I was going for and needed it done in a 6hr span because I had a car show to be at. I really do enjoy the sound and most people look confused when they hear me, assuming its a different car, but around hear everything is louder than me. Since I let the resonator remain I have noticed zero drone even at 70-80 on cruise so decent rpms. With the top up its almost no different as I have sound deadened the entire trunk. Also the suspension is original, a bit soft but no excessive bounce, I plan on a h&r spring kit next springs project!

I have a feeling you'll get tired of it after a while. If you like that exhaust, that's whats really important. I would have done something slightly less extreme.

I like subtle mods like:
-Changing head light bulbs to 5k or even 6k for a more extreme look over 4300k
-Switching the amber side markers to clear LED, gives the car a really updated appearance
-Changing city lights to canbus LED as well as license plate bulbs
-Updating outdated OEM tape deck/ Command nav to modern Alpine, Pioneer, or Clarion
-Larger wheels and tires. 18" or 19" staggered
These are really inexpensive and nice quality http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Wheels-fo...z#.U9lQirHyDfq
- 20 to 35% tint depending on legality in your location