CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Rear camber bolts help.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 130 Likes on 97 Posts
SL 350 R230 (3.7L with AMG Speedshift autobox)
Rear camber bolts help.

Guys

Can anyone tell what the bolts are for reducing the rear camber? I have the 'V-Groove camber bolts on the front, but I would like to reduce the rear negative camber too as I am getting wear on the inside of my rear tyres.
Interestingly I have had my car lowered for years and used to get a little amount of wear on the inside of my rear tyres, but recently the wear seems worse? perhaps its the brand of tyres I have ?
Old 09-12-2014, 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99CLK320,
I have the same bolts on the front of my car but never heard of camber bolts for the rear. There are adjustable camber arms that ghostrider fabricated some years ago but I don't think they are around any more. drop him a pm.
Old 09-12-2014, 09:35 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
01 clk 430
There is a guy on ebay selling some adjustable arms, not sure of quality but they look decent. Search w208 camber. I think they're gold colored.
Old 09-13-2014, 05:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK55 and CLS55
How about K-Mac adjustable bushes

http://www.k-mac.com/New%20Products/...es_catalog.pdf
Old 09-15-2014, 02:21 AM
SPONSOR

Received 145 Likes on 115 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Originally Posted by A1EK
Guys

Can anyone tell what the bolts are for reducing the rear camber? I have the 'V-Groove camber bolts on the front, but I would like to reduce the rear negative camber too as I am getting wear on the inside of my rear tyres.
Interestingly I have had my car lowered for years and used to get a little amount of wear on the inside of my rear tyres, but recently the wear seems worse? perhaps its the brand of tyres I have ?

Since the mid 1990’s dealers and alignment shops “full 4 wheel alignment” is now only front and rear Toe adjustment!

There is no front Camber and Caster or rear Camber adjustment facilities.

Many owners becoming increasingly frustrated, constantly changing tire brands or going from one dealer or alignment shop to another, not realizing that the reassuring “full alignment” – the reality is above Toe only adjustment applies!

At K-MAC we saw the need therefore to reinstate the precise ongoing adjustment capability which was OEM to the 1990’s.

You can purchase one position offset bolts for the front - but these are inaccurate and only allow a minimal 0.3 of one degree (3mm or 1/8”). The unique K-MAC patented design kits are precise single wrench adjustment on car (accurately under load direct on alignment turntable).

Allowing to return vehicle to factory specs after altering height, fitting wide profile tires/rims, load carrying, curb knock damage or to change, fine tune specs on track days.

Resolving premature edge tire wear with the:

FRONT KIT
Fixing steering pull, improving traction with the Caster facility allowing reduced dive/lift under brake and acceleration with more straight line directional control – less wander at high speeds

REAR KIT
Can adjust, fine tune to reduce premature inner edge tire wear, gain maximum traction. Also includes extra Toe adjustment to cater for the new Camber facility.

Unlike the alternative “Adjustable Camber Arms” – advantage with K-MAC rear kits is that they do not move top of tire outwards (this reducing all important clearance to outer fender) when adjusting to fix premature inner edge wear.

The front and rear bushes also replace the highest wearing bushes at the same time and have twice the load bearing area of OEM. 2 axis movement is also maintained without the use of air voids allowing improved traction under braking and better steering response.