CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

How to remove truck lid liner?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 190 Likes on 170 Posts
2001 CLK320 Cabrio
How to remove truck lid liner?

How is the trunk lid liner removed (W208 convertible)?

After removing all the plastic pop rivets, the lining around the trunk locking latch and light switch breaks free. However, to the right of the latch, the lid lining does not break free from here (see enclosed picture) and allow the entire lining to be removed.

Tried applying more force without the liner releasing. Not clear how this device is fastened to the truck lid or how to get the lid liner fully released with out risk of breakage.

Thanks in advance for any insight on how remove the lid liner.

FYI..........

None of the lights on my trunk lid work (e.g. parking, backup, license plate lights) and I need to access and check all of the the wiring for faults.

Initially a check lamp warning occasionally turned on when braking. In time, after opening/closing the trunk, the check lamp warning turns on every time I apply the brakes.

Additionally, when I open the trunk, after the engine is off, a couple of other devices also operate (e.g. outside side mirrors, radiator fan). If I open the trunk while the engine remains on, all of the above plus my dashboard lights up / flashes like a XMAS tree, relays clatter etc..

The truck lid wiring, as well as the wiring within the hinge harness in many MB models has been susceptible to breakage (e.g. broken wires, frayed insulation / shorts etc.).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
lid.pdf (536.0 KB, 145 views)