CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

W208 convertible roof do not open. only closes.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 09:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes clk 208 320 convertible
W208 convertible roof do not open. only closes.

Hi everyone .I have w208 320 convertible 1999.i have bought a car with roof problem. the roof do not want open, justo closes. Roll over bar go's up and down when operated by switch. the light flashes slowly. I have trayed to reset, but still in the same situation. when I'm driving, the light of soft top switch remains flash slowly. when I press the switch to close the roof , the current does not reach the relay of the hydraulic pump . the relay is new, and I do not find any leaks. from time to time , when I unlock the car with the key, there is a delay in the response. the doors finally unlock , but the windows do not open and Roll over bar do not work to. I have to disconnect the battery and reconnect . I hope my writing is understandable . I'm Portuguese and I thank a lot for your support.

Greetings

Lucio Caeiro
Old 06-08-2015, 10:14 AM

1999 clk 320 cabrio
broken cable

I have the same problem with my car a 1999 CLK 320 w208. I checked under the headliner near the drivers door and found the wire to be broken this seems to be my problem possibly its yours good luck.

Originally Posted by musicstatus2006
Hi everyone .I have w208 320 convertible 1999.i have bought a car with roof problem. the roof do not want open, justo closes. Roll over bar go's up and down when operated by switch. the light flashes slowly. I have trayed to reset, but still in the same situation. when I'm driving, the light of soft top switch remains flash slowly. when I press the switch to close the roof , the current does not reach the relay of the hydraulic pump . the relay is new, and I do not find any leaks. from time to time , when I unlock the car with the key, there is a delay in the response. the doors finally unlock ,
but the windows do not open and Roll over bar do not work to. I have to disconnect the battery and reconnect . I hope my writing is understandable . I'm Portuguese and I thank a lot for your support.

Greetings

Lucio Caeiro
Old 06-08-2015, 03:32 PM

mercedes clk 208 320 convertible
i clk320dan

Thanks for your support. i will try fo find that wire, and see if taht was the possible problem.

Thanks