CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Door Power windows and other issues.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 08:21 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK 320 convertible
Door Power windows and other issues.

Sometimes, not always, when I 'roll up' the power windows on the 2003 CLK 320 cab. he windows get about half way up and then jiggle and chatter like they are encountering some resistance on their way up. Generally this occurs about mid travel. A couple of time the windows reversed direction. dA search of the threads brought no solution that I could find.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Other issue is I think I need to add hydraulic fluid to the power top reservoir. Is this fluid a MB proprietary item or will a generic fluid work?
Old 06-18-2015, 07:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 130 Likes on 97 Posts
SL 350 R230 (3.7L with AMG Speedshift autobox)
Originally Posted by jinark
Sometimes, not always, when I 'roll up' the power windows on the 2003 CLK 320 cab. he windows get about half way up and then jiggle and chatter like they are encountering some resistance on their way up. Generally this occurs about mid travel. A couple of time the windows reversed direction. dA search of the threads brought no solution that I could find.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Other issue is I think I need to add hydraulic fluid to the power top reservoir. Is this fluid a MB proprietary item or will a generic fluid work?
Try removing the panel and check the rubber guides, mine wore out and caused the same symptons as the rubber was cathing. I replace the rubber with an after market one of ebay and sorted the issue.
Old 06-21-2015, 02:18 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK 320 convertible
Thanks for the tip. Before I tore into the doors themselves I thought I'd try an easier solution first. Further research on widow problems told me there are rubber plugs at the bottom of the doors. I removed the two outer rubber plugs from the bottom of the doors which allowed me to squirt a Teflon based lubricant on the window tracks. Using the red tube that comes with the spray can allows for a directed stream. Problem solved.

Time will tell if how long this works, but for now at least the windows are going up and down faultlessly.

Now I just need to get to the MB dealer and buy some hydraulic fluid and top off the power top reservoir.

Originally Posted by A1EK
Try removing the panel and check the rubber guides, mine wore out and caused the same symptons as the rubber was cathing. I replace the rubber with an after market one of ebay and sorted the issue.