CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Huge Issue: Windows & Sunroof Going Down/Rolling Back On Their Own

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 02:21 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
02' CLK 430
Huge Issue: Windows & Sunroof Going Down/Rolling Back On Their Own

I'm having a really frustrating issue with my 2002 CLK 430 approx 107,000 Miles (172,000km).

When I lock the car up...my windows and sunroof will roll back/go down randomly. It will happen sometimes 5 times an hour...sometimes 1ce a day. Last time it happened during a storm....and my interior got a little wet. Just came out of nowhere...I have newer batteries in bot remotes. Could this be due to a control module failure?

Furthermore my door locks also lock/unlock randomly while I'm driving...seems to be muc worse when I go over bumps....I think this issue may be related?

I installed a new Pioneer double din about 2 months ago but this issue began well after that installation. So I don't think that's a culprit...

Anyone solve this issue before or have something happen similar. I heard somewhere there was a recall notice issued for this?

Thank In Advance.

KRis
Old 07-27-2015, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 clk 430
Not aware of any recall, but did you dosconnect the battery when you installed the deck? It is probably worth the time to resync both windows and sunroof; may not resolve the issue but wont cost you anything beyond 5 minutes of your time. free is worth a shot.

When i shut my door and lock up, my windows go up just a touch, so yours may need to relearn their positioning etc thuthru resync

Last edited by OlBoyCLK; 07-27-2015 at 08:38 PM.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:02 PM

02' CLK 430
Originally Posted by OlBoyCLK
Not aware of any recall, but did you dosconnect the battery when you installed the deck? It is probably worth the time to resync both windows and sunroof; may not resolve the issue but wont cost you anything beyond 5 minutes of your time. free is worth a shot.

When i shut my door and lock up, my windows go up just a touch, so yours may need to relearn their positioning etc thuthru resync
Yeah I did the reset.

It's not that they need to be re-programmed. The car will sit locked up and then all of a sudden the drivers and passenger window and sunroof all open....just out of the blue. All the way down...while the car is locked witting in front of my house.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

KRis
Old 07-29-2015, 12:14 PM

02' CLK 430
I think I found my problem...see link.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w208...roof-keep.html