CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Wiring on CLK320 W208 trunk lock?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 320
Wiring on CLK320 W208 trunk lock?

Hi all,
I just removed the lining inside my trunk lid to replace the license plate bulb and I noticed that there's a pair of wires dangling out from behind the trunk lock assembly. One yellow, one brown, with bare ends - apparently not connected to anything; it looks like they might have broken off their connector. But no apparent symptoms: remote and console trunk release works, all lights work etc. Can anyone tell me what these wires are supposed to do, in case there's a nasty problem waiting to bite me? Even better, a wiring diagram? Many thanks!
Howard
Old 08-23-2015, 05:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 98 Likes on 88 Posts
2002 CLK 55 AMG cabriolet Eurocharged
Illumination lamp
Old 08-23-2015, 06:06 PM

CLK 320
Thanks for the idea, GatorMB but the trunk interior lamp is working normally - operated by a plunger at the bottom of the trunk lid next to the catch. Any other thoughts? Thanks for the time...

Originally Posted by GatorMB
Illumination lamp
Old 08-23-2015, 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

15/2 is the component for trunk lid internal operation switch. yl and brown is ground

It could be a limit switch connection for central Locking systems status or pump operation status for door locks.
If the central locking system is working good (door locks and security) dont be over concerned.

Quick check arm the car and see if you can open the trunk from outside.

Cheers

Last edited by GatorMB; 08-23-2015 at 07:25 PM.
Old 08-23-2015, 08:01 PM

CLK 320
Thanks. Can't do that quick check though because the mechanical lock is gummed up - normal situation in Ontario
By the way, does the mechanical trunk lock (key and press) use the solenoid or is it 100% mechanical? I was wondering about that...?
... and how do I know if the security is armed - is there a light or something comes on?
Thanks

15/2 is the component for trunk lid internal operation switch. yl and brown is ground

It could be a limit switch connection for central Locking systems status or pump operation status for door locks.
If the central locking system is working good (door locks and security) dont be over concerned.

Quick check arm the car and see if you can open the trunk from outside.

Cheers
Old 08-24-2015, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The gumming up is normal around the world because we have a remote and a console switch.
The key or push button never gets used. We need to operate these once a month to prevent this from happening.

The central Locking system uses a vacuum pump to actuate all the door locks including fuel door and trunk lock. The electronic aspect is a status report to the security system. Hence locked/unlocked. To arm simply lock the car with the fob
Old 08-24-2015, 12:39 PM

CLK 320
Thanks. So is it possible those floating wires are meant to report back to the security system? And therefore, perhaps that the security system does not arm? How can I tell if it's armed or not - is there an indicator light? Everything locks just fine but I don't know for sure if the security system is on. Appreciate your help...

The gumming up is normal around the world because we have a remote and a console switch.
The key or push button never gets used. We need to operate these once a month to prevent this from happening.

The central Locking system uses a vacuum pump to actuate all the door locks including fuel door and trunk lock. The electronic aspect is a status report to the security system. Hence locked/unlocked. To arm simply lock the car with the fob
Old 08-26-2015, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Once the doors are locked it is armed, your lights will blink and siren that bleeps goes bad all the time, Some have the siren disabled.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:39 PM

CLK 320
Ah, OK, so the lights do flash so I suppose the alarm is working. So those floating wires are still a mystery then. It's not like they're just there in preparation for some not-installed accessory: they have bare ends so they were once connected to something. They're part of the OEM wiring harness. Where would I get a wiring diagram, any ideas?

Once the doors are locked it is armed, your lights will blink and siren that bleeps goes bad all the time, Some have the siren disabled.