CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Front and rear lights gone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk 230 1999
Front and rear lights gone

hi , i have a clk 2.3 convertible running virtually trouble free for 10 years (1999 model) , the only breakdown has been for the air mass sensor , which is playing up again, but yesterday I put a bag of coal in the boot and next thing i have no lights , the illumination on instrument cluster is gone,( but the temp and centre display is working) , main head, dip heads, fogs,rear lights all out of action ,however the brakes are working as are the indicators ,the spare wheel cover board was off so i think maybe the load in the boot hit the rear fuseboard and blew a relay as all the fuses are working,I dont seem to have power at the main light switch fuseboard beside the drivers door,(all those fuses are working), question is how can i test the relays and where are they located?
any ideas would be appreciated
Old 02-10-2016, 06:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 133 Likes on 98 Posts
SL 350 R230 (3.7L with AMG Speedshift autobox)
There is a small black box on the back right of the boot with 2 or 3 relays. One relay I know is for the fuel pump but not certain on the other, you may have just bumped it out of its socket. There are also a few fuses so check them too.