CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

What brand of air bag?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 06:53 PM

Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
LS400
What brand of air bag?

What is the name of the airbag inflator manufacture for 2002 CLK430?
And how many airbags in the cars?
Old 08-10-2016, 08:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 190 Likes on 170 Posts
2001 CLK320 Cabrio
If you're in the USA, the NHTSA search tool lets you enter a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) to quickly learn if a specific vehicle has a safety recall in the last 15 years.

https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/

The MB models and model years currently subject to airbag recall can be viewed at:

http://www.safercar.gov/rs/takata/takatalist.html
Old 08-19-2016, 02:47 AM

LS400
Originally Posted by Serndipity
If you're in the USA, the NHTSA search tool lets you enter a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) to quickly learn if a specific vehicle has a safety recall in the last 15 years.

https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/

The MB models and model years currently subject to airbag recall can be viewed at:

http://www.safercar.gov/rs/takata/takatalist.html
Thank you, but that is old news and not what I was asking. I guess if I end up looking at it, I will be one of the only people on this site that will know the answer. Its a step kids car so I will have to wait till it goes down and I work on it. Not on Mercedes but the brand of car I like and work on a lot, I'm amazed that I am probably part of a hand full of folks in this country that knows some things about the cars that absolutely no one else can answer. Kinda cool really, someday it will be that way with Mercedes. Oh and its looking like it won't matter if its on a list, since now there are other manufactures that are having similar problems.

Last edited by exhaustgases; 08-19-2016 at 02:56 AM.
Old 08-19-2016, 01:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
2002 CLK430
You are one of a handful of people that knows things about cars that no one else can answer? . . . . . . . but . . . . . . but . . . . . . . . but . . . . . . . . you don't know "this" answer

Is this an attempt to bait someone into giving you the answer? If so, be careful, someone who wanted to return the favor could ask questions like "are you asking about the inflator on a coupe or cab?" Then wait for you to respond and say "which airbag did you want the inflator info for?" After you give that response, they could ask "right or left hand drive?". At which point, some of us would be cracking up. I think humor goes a long way on this forum.

There are four airbags in U.S. spec CLKs. It's stated in the owners manual and SRS is embossed in each of the four areas - that way blind people can know things about this car that no one else does. Come on, you know that one was funny. The airbag sensors are made by Bosch and the inflators by TRW. Well, I'll assume they're TRW . . . . . . based on the sticker on each inflator that says it came from the TRW Alfdorf plant. You didn't ask about the sensors, so I won't mention the Bosch stickers.

Still not finding anything funny here? OK, here's one - What was the President of the United States name in 2002? Wait for it . . . . . . . . . . . . Barack Obama. You do know Barack Obama's name was still Barack Obama in 2002, right?
Old 08-19-2016, 03:07 PM

LS400
Oh that climate change religion president, and full of tons of lies.
Any way sorry to get you so exited about the question deal, it just tee's me when I ask simple stuff and get unrelated back. I did share the thing I knew that was unknown to just about everybody about the certain brand car.
Old 08-19-2016, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
2002 CLK430
You know the president joke is an old joke right? The first time I heard was in the 1980's during the Reagan administration. Back then, the joke was, "What was the President of the United States name in 1977?" Most people said "Carter", but the answer was . . . . . . . . . . wait for it . . . . . . . . . . .

As for getting me worked up, I'm not. As I said, I think humor goes a long way on this forum. I also think Serndipity was doing his best to help you with what he perceived the problem to be. If you're tee'd off, the person trying to help you may not be the problem.