CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Window regulator questions??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 10:25 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'02 CLK 320 2000 clk320
Window regulator questions??

My drivers side window regulator broke Afew months ago, and I'm just now getting around to fixing it. I removed the old and installed a new one. My window fell out of the pinch vice / aluminum track. I just cannt figure out where the window sits in the aluminum track that bolts onto the regulator. The window Keeps binding up on the regulator motor. If anyone has the measurements of where the window sits in the track please let me know it's kind of hard to get the window into and out of that pinch clip. I want to keep the guessing to a minamum. Thank you in advance.
Old 09-14-2016, 04:42 AM

Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
W124 260E
Can you leave the bolts loose and operate the window so it works its way to the right possition. Did you lock all the fixing bolts up on the inner door .Take some pressure off them and let the window centre it self.
Old 09-14-2016, 01:11 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'02 CLK 320 2000 clk320
The problem isn't with the bolts. It's with the pinch frame the window sits in. If you don't put the window in the pinch frame in the right spot when you bolt it on to the regulator the window won't be positioned in the right spot. I know Mercedes has to have a WIS on how to replace a window and where to place it in the pinch frame. I'm looking for some measurement from the window adjustments that screw on the window or from the end of the window to where the window should start in the frame. I included a picture of the piece I am talking about.
Attached Thumbnails Window regulator questions??-image.jpeg  
Old 09-15-2016, 05:24 AM

Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
W124 260E
Originally Posted by myworld
The problem isn't with the bolts. It's with the pinch frame the window sits in. If you don't put the window in the pinch frame in the right spot when you bolt it on to the regulator the window won't be positioned in the right spot. I know Mercedes has to have a WIS on how to replace a window and where to place it in the pinch frame. I'm looking for some measurement from the window adjustments that screw on the window or from the end of the window to where the window should start in the frame. I included a picture of the piece I am talking about.
Looking at your picture mine is not the same . Because on removing my regulator i had no reason to undo the glass from the holder..Do as i said leave bolts loose on the glass holder and operate it up and down a few times it should centre itself then lock it up.It has rubber inside anyway so you dont lock it right up .Just enough to lift the glass in the guides without it coming out .