CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Crazy Electrical Issues - 2001 CLK 430 Convertible

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 02:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Top trouble

Originally Posted by tjanoski
Sorry did not know this. Will get the star done when I am back in town. When I left this morning after a cold night the top and roll bar lights were on. And yes I have diligently tied all suggestions provided and they are greatly appreciated.
I am having similar issues,same flashing on the switch. It's built in to the system to let you know problems. I think you have 2 problems. #1 a bad battery, probably a shorted cell even if it's a new battery. #2 same as me, im about to order a hydraulic lock cylinder for the tonneau cover and the roof to tonneau cover since it's been suggested they go bad nearly the same time. A couple hundred. I don't want to touch it twice. My top started opening with a really hard pop noise on release and a crunching sound when it closes, much louder than the usual ,indicating the cylinder seals are worn and not holding fluid pressure to open and close properly. Its forcing to open and may damage the latch and straining the rest of the cylinders. There's a rebuild service on line advertised to repair and improve on the seals for all 6 or 8 ,however many for $800-900.00. I'm going the cheaper route first, then this last when the rest goes. I don't know if the fluid pressure from the hydraulic locks is picked up on diagnostics but other poster already said , 15 yr old car. Don't know your mileage but if it helps, I bought mine in 8 years ago, 2002, clk55, 47k , from original owner, been garaged from original and now at 63k driven very carefully, garaged, no winters and good roads. Obviously the top doesn't care about how much I've babied it. I'll probably do a fluid change when I find the pump and figure out what kind and how much fluid it takes. I wish it was a manually operated top. Too much micro managed technology , but I wouldn't take a million for it.
Old 11-20-2019, 01:27 AM

2003 CLK430
I'm wondering if you ever found the root of this issue. Recently, my 2003 has been doing the same thing. ABS, BAS, ESP codes and now the windows won't roll up or down. Is it a relay? The vehicle has no electrical schematic and I have been able to find the documentation and the operator's manual has nothing. I read through the forum and and haven't found the solution. Any thoughts?
Old 07-18-2020, 03:08 AM

2002 CLK 430
Originally Posted by Denvergranite
I'm wondering if you ever found the root of this issue. Recently, my 2003 has been doing the same thing. ABS, BAS, ESP codes and now the windows won't roll up or down. Is it a relay? The vehicle has no electrical schematic and I have been able to find the documentation and the operator's manual has nothing. I read through the forum and and haven't found the solution. Any thoughts?
anybody found the fix for this?? I’m currently going through the same thing
Old 10-16-2021, 07:57 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
W163, W208
Same thing here...
Old 12-26-2021, 02:09 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
W163, W208
Everyone please read my latest post regarding this, it might work for you.

https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class...t-working.html