CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Windows don't drop enough when opening doors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 11:06 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 CLK55 AMG
Windows don't drop enuf when opening doors

Thank you very much. Just wondering, did you have this problem and change The Regulators to fix it?
Old 01-18-2017, 11:40 AM

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
I did not...when I saw your problem and got only responses about resync windows, I did a search....same issues with many models of MB...Google a bit...seems like others with same issue fixed with this. From what I found, it sounds like an expensive part (need to check part # if you go in that direction).

A suggestion, if the other side window is working ok...swap the 2 regulators and see if swap works on the bad side.

Post what you find and any solutions that work....good luck...and if it works, I don't need your PayPal reward
Old 01-18-2017, 02:53 PM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
-
Driver and passenger side regulators are different.

You can inspect it by removing the door panel. It's a 2 minute job, 5 if it's your first time. Let me know if you need help doing that.
Old 01-18-2017, 05:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 190 Likes on 170 Posts
2001 CLK320 Cabrio
PKSlice........

Having followed this thread, I know that you have made numerous attempts to re-synch your window controllers, w/o success.

The suggestions from both cindyclk and shadenfroh, do have much merit, but before you go though the expense of parts replacement, hoping it will correct your problem, I would suggest having the MB STAR diagnostic run for any saved diagnostic trouble codes.

Long story short, given the complexities of today's modern electricals' (e.g. CANBus messaging between various controllers, voltage encoding etc.), you may have an issue with a faulty controller, wiring or just a re-flash of the firmware.

All MB dealers use this tool, for problem diagnosis, as well as any qualified Indy shop. There is usually a nominal fee to have this done. When someone comes in for a repair estimate, the Indy shop I sometimes use, always runs the diagnostic at no charge (e.g. to help prepare an accurate estimate).
Old 01-19-2017, 06:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 CLK55 AMG
Will try it

Thanks, given the fact that both left and right door windows seem to do exactly the same thing and only drop a sixteenth of an inch it sounds like it could be more something like a reflash rather than replacing parts on both doors...