CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Pass Low Beam Issue 2002 CLK 430

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 02:00 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
02' CLK 430
Pass Low Beam Issue 2002 CLK 430

I've developed a strange issue with respect to my passenger side HID low beams. It simply does not work. Now I've checked the fuses. All were fine. The brights, city lights, fogs, side markers, tails and brake lights all work fine, as do all interior lamps.....but no passenger side low beams?

I checked the bulbs and ballasts and they seem fine when switched to the other side. It just seems as though I'm not getting any power to the passenger low beam.

I noticed the headlight plug on that side was finicky so I decided to re-wire the plug and still nothing. Like I said all the other lights work fine except the low beam HID.

Anyone provide any advice? Does this sound like a bad SAM? Or would that cause more issues than just the one single low beam light?

Thanks as always for your knowledge.

KRis
Old 12-08-2016, 02:57 PM

02' CLK 430
Just some more info:

It is an aftermarket HID kit in DEPO Projector Lights. The ballast has been replaced and all wiring works when I switch it over to the drivers side.

KRis
Old 12-12-2016, 01:47 PM

02' CLK 430
Just incase anyone is ever searching I fixed the issue.

Check you electrical plug on the headlight harness. The wires in mine we starting to pull apart. I lost power to the low beam because the wires were not connecting properly even though it wasnt noticable to the naked eye. I re-wired the plug and voila everything works again.

KRis