CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Speaker Sizes and general car audio questions about CLK's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 02:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speaker Sizes and general car audio questions about CLK's

Q1--What size speakers are up front and where are they located (doors, pilar, dash, etc)? I am purchasing a CLK320 in the next couple of months and currently have an MB Quart Reference 3-way set and was wondering what all would fit. I have kick panels now and will not be going that route again.

Q2--has anyone mounted subwoofers to their rear deck in a CLK(is the trunk tight enough to do this without an enclosure or free air subs like the BMW's are)? What is mounted to the stock rear deck? What sort of trunk mechanism does a CLK have(hinged/gas shocks)? Can someone post a picture of a stock CLK trunk if they have it?

Thanks for helping a newbie who, after driving the same car since 1996, is finally getting a real car!!
Old 04-12-2004, 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
01' CLK55
Re: Speaker Sizes and general car audio questions about CLK's

Originally posted by Rawdogg
Q1--What size speakers are up front and where are they located (doors, pilar, dash, etc)? I am purchasing a CLK320 in the next couple of months and currently have an MB Quart Reference 3-way set and was wondering what all would fit. I have kick panels now and will not be going that route again.

Q2--has anyone mounted subwoofers to their rear deck in a CLK(is the trunk tight enough to do this without an enclosure or free air subs like the BMW's are)? What is mounted to the stock rear deck? What sort of trunk mechanism does a CLK have(hinged/gas shocks)? Can someone post a picture of a stock CLK trunk if they have it?

Thanks for helping a newbie who, after driving the same car since 1996, is finally getting a real car!!
most members would just tell you to do a search, cuz this subject has been gone over many times, but here you go:

front speakers : 1" tweeter, 6 1/2" driver, 4" midrange
rear speakers : 6 1/2 " driver

you can drop in a pair of 6 1/2" drivers in the rear deck and get some pretty good mid-bass, however, nothing will have the same effect as a separate sub woofer.
Old 06-26-2016, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 W208 CLK 430 Coupe
For the sake of utilizing what's already there, would this work in the stock sub location?

https://www.amazon.com/Earthquake-So.../dp/B008MAG9YG