CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Magazine Empty How I Fixed Mine!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E500, CLK, VW Touareg, Audi TT
Magazine Empty How I Fixed Mine!!

As most of us know this is a common problem that our cars experience- Okay I got into my car yestermorning and I got this damn error message on my 2000 CLK ""Magazine Empty"" The magazine was fully loaded with 6 CD's .. Went to the dealership and they said it had to be replaced period- I said why? they did not even offer to run a dignosis-- Just wanted me to shell out $1, 000 for a damn Alpine 6 disc changer.. They they later said that the reason why my CD changer was bad was because I was playing burnt CD's in it-- I was like that is absolute BS-- If you dont know the cause shut the F up-- I went to HIFI but and they quoted me about $900 to put an OEM changer in the car-- At this point I was like F that-- Will rather try and upgrade the whole sound system using IPOD or some other application rather than giving the stealership another grand for a CD changer that lasted less than 2 years-- I HIT THE CD CHANGER THIS MORNING WITH THE CHANGER FULLY LOADED HIT IT ON TOP AND THE SIDE AND THEN I HEARD IT LOADING- AND THAT MY FRIEND IS HOW I FIXED IT-- HIT THE PIEACE OF CRAP AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS-- I WILL LOVE TO GO BACK TO THE DEALERSHIP AND TELL THE SERVICE ADVISORS TO DO THAT FIRST BEFORE CHARGING PEOPLE...
Old 02-22-2005, 01:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
'03 E55 (My Daily), '01 ML 320 (Wifey), Twin Turbo '69 Camaro (In Progess)
Yeah, I've done the same thing before. If you open the cover to the changer and tap on the magazine it will load. Same thing applies for the magazine when it gets stuck in the changer and doesn't come out. Press the eject button and tap on the magazine and it will come out. Reminds me of those old school Nintendo games that you had to sometimes blow on to get them to play. Its a ghetto-fabulous solution but it does work. You can always pic up a new(er) CD changer on eBay for a few hundred and install it yourself in no time if you have to hit the changer all the time like I do to make it work...
Old 03-17-2015, 02:49 PM

CLK 320 Cabriolet
Jolly Mon Pete

Thanks guys! I just did the 'Tap Tap" fix on my 2001 Clk 320 and am very happy with the results. Bob Marley actually came back and thanked me for releasing him on Disk 3 Track 2.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:12 PM

CLK 4.3
Please help me I can not do something, I have the same problem
Old 03-23-2015, 09:39 PM

Received 105 Likes on 80 Posts
SL500
What's a CD Changer? And What type of magazine subscription does it have?