CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

ok i knew these cars werent for the snow but now my car is gone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 05:24 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E 63 AMG
ok i knew these cars werent for the snow but now my car is gone

worst day ever i parked my car outside a resturant here in brooklyn when i get outside i see that someone lost control of his car and gave me a nice fender bender as calm as i was i took info and began for my way home as i turned onto my block the light was green a man in a licoln navigator was first waiting at the light as i was coming down to the light i tapped my brakes no luck because of the 3 inches of ice that was covering the strrets I looked over at my friend and said here we go into the car no traction on this **** car nothing could have saved me but my car rammed into his i got out to see that my hood was bent upwards my bumper might be salvaged not sure lost mesh on bottom lights the grille cracked well its plastic so... and light bracket cracked right side of my car gone the ***** got out of his car ***** because even after i honked for 4 seconds for him to move at the 12 second green light he decided to let me rear end him I need to find parts for a cheap price need new grille hood and bumper and bracket for light what am i looking at $$? where can i order parts 04 clk 500
Old 03-09-2005, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S550
ill just assume due to our benz luck nothing happened to the other car (go figure)
as for parts you should check ebay they always help out when you need something cheap
Old 03-10-2005, 10:39 AM

sold.
I'm sorry about what happened man... You had a really really bad day... Anyways, I browsed eBay and saw that some of the items you needed were up for sale so that's a good place to check. Hopefully w/ in 3 weeks I should have my stock grille up for sale so if you're willing to wait that long, maybe it can be yours.

Also, do you have pictures of your wrecked car? I'd like to see exactly what the damage looks like
Old 03-10-2005, 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK500/Range Rover HSE/E55 AMG/Bmw 328Xi coupe/BMW 4.8x/Bmw 335i/GS350/Audi S5/E350
Rafi,

What grill are you gettin if you are replacing your oem grill????
Old 03-10-2005, 01:59 PM
Almost a Member!

E 63 AMG
his licoln navi not a scratch but he was one of those fuc*s that likes for ppl to rear end him so he could holdhis neck and call my insurance. also the parts on ebay i heard u cant get parts till 2 years after car released must take to mercedes rather order parts cheaper
Old 03-12-2005, 08:55 AM

sl and M-class E320 4Matic SLK350
This is the place to vent

Get real. You honk your horn and expect the guy in front to get out of your way within 4 seconds. Have you ever seen a person's head flip flop when they get hit? OK, you are a fellow forum member and among friends we sympathize with your plight - after all it was icy - but I'm guessing if you were the car in front with the same exact limited opportunity to respond to a horn honking you wouldn't have been able to get out of the way either.
Old 03-12-2005, 10:32 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2007 CL600
Originally Posted by blinkbass23
I need to find parts for a cheap price need new grille hood and bumper and bracket for light what am i looking at $$? where can i order parts 04 clk 500
Why not let your insurance company handle the whole claim? Get new MB parts installed by factory trained techs. If you car has options like Distronic (which I hears has a $7000 sensor unit) or parktronnic, you'll need a professional. There may be hidden problems from the accident--you never know. Your insurance company is already going to screw you based on the other guy's claim, so just file yours, pay the deductible and be done with it.
Old 03-12-2005, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 CLK320
If the insurance company did not have to pay for his damage and if you choose to pay for your damage out of your pocket, there will be no claim.

Otherwise, a $1K claim and a $10K claim will make no difference. It will still be counted against you. In this case, you better bring your car to MB to get it fixed properly.
Old 03-12-2005, 06:14 PM

sold.
Originally Posted by x-tian-230k
Rafi,

What grill are you gettin if you are replacing your oem grill????
I'm getting an all-chrome grille. It looks exactly like the stock one but it's chrome.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:45 PM

2003 CLK 320
Originally Posted by northbenz
Get real. You honk your horn and expect the guy in front to get out of your way within 4 seconds. Have you ever seen a person's head flip flop when they get hit? OK, you are a fellow forum member and among friends we sympathize with your plight - after all it was icy - but I'm guessing if you were the car in front with the same exact limited opportunity to respond to a horn honking you wouldn't have been able to get out of the way either.
When the light has turned green and you've already been sitting there for 8 seconds when you hear someone behind you honking to go does it really take you 4 seconds to get going? This happened to me once and I've seen it happen to others twice and it only took about a second or two to realize the light is green and start moving. Seems a little suspicious why they didn't move. Either they were too distracted with something else, like an ipod, cell phone, or map, or they knew the road was icy and looking to get hit.

Last edited by calboy; 03-12-2005 at 08:52 PM.
Old 03-13-2005, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL500
im just gonna say that the other day here in nyc the snow/ice that was all over the roads was ridiculous. didnt matter if you had a clk, an suv or a tank, cars and trucks were sliding all over the place. sorry to hear about your car, what part of brooklyn you from?