CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

SBC Hold?

Old 06-27-2005, 03:47 PM
ahm
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL500 (W216)
SBC Hold?

I have had my new CLK360 for 500 kms now and I must say it is a blast to drive. I have the common grievances (ie, steering wheel buttons not changing pre-set radio stations, a small lag on the 7G transmission) but overall the car is great.

There is a small detail that got my attention and I wonder if someone here might shed some light: the car sometimes behaves as if it had the SBC Hold feature. It remains still without me depressing the break pedal and only moves again after I depress the gas pedal. At first I thought the streets where it happened were slightly uphill, but after careful screening I see it happening also on level streets. The problem is that I have not found out what is that I do to activate the feature and the manual does not mention it at all.

I understand that the Hold feature is sometimes dependant on the EPS (at least in other brands) so I would not be surprised if the car had it even though it does not have SBC. Has anyone experienced something similar?
Old 06-28-2005, 04:16 AM

CLK 200 KOMPRESSOR Elegance
Mmmmm I read that since they had so much trouble with SBC on the SL's and E-Class that they were removing it from the specification. I doubt they would ADD it to the CLK and remove it from the others.

Unless they are using a modified version, but if it IS and option it WILL be in the manual !

If it isn't then maybe you have a sticking brake, or maybe its a feature of the 7G ??
Old 06-28-2005, 05:41 PM
ahm
Almost a Member!

CL500 (W216)
The car definitely does not have SBC, but sometimes it behaves as if it had SBC Hold. Just wondering if other W209 owners had experienced the same. A few other cars (of other brands) have the feature but it is dependant on the EPS.

I have been a CLK owner for less than a month now, enough to realize that there are a few features not covered in the manual. Anyway, I will keep experimenting with this phantom feature in hopes that it is not a figment of my imagination.