Go Back   MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Coupes & Cabriolets > CLK-Class (W209)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Welcome to MBWorld.org!
Welcome to MBWorld,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-17-2009, 11:41 AM   #1

Drives: 07' CLK350 Cab
Send a message via AIM to TechSuperstar
Smile Whats inside a key fob ???

Ok, so I went from an 02' C230 up to an 07' CLK350. The used CLK350 needed new key fob's. Long story short, the dealer got the first key in and programmed it. Later that week I picked up the second key and took it home.

Ok, I go to use the key and the VDO says "key programming.. please wait" or something like that. Come to find out it has to stay in the ignition for 15min before it completes the first part, then you turn the key to "on" position and leave it there for another 10min. Question: what is in a key that takes 25min to program?

Second part: so that day I thought the programming completed and I was able to start the car.. I didn't drive it. Today my fiancé goes to drive it with that key and the car will not go into gear! My key still works fine but her's does everything but let you put it in gear!

The dealer said to put it back in the ignition for a half hour and see if it starts working. Will post progress.
To remove this ad, register today or login if you already are registered!

TechSuperstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:41 AM

Tags
2009, 350, clk, clk350, fob, inside, key, keyfob, mercedes, operating, program, programme, programming, w209, whats