CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Whats inside a key fob ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 11:41 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
15' CLS400
Smile Whats inside a key fob ???

Ok, so I went from an 02' C230 up to an 07' CLK350. The used CLK350 needed new key fob's. Long story short, the dealer got the first key in and programmed it. Later that week I picked up the second key and took it home.

Ok, I go to use the key and the VDO says "key programming.. please wait" or something like that. Come to find out it has to stay in the ignition for 15min before it completes the first part, then you turn the key to "on" position and leave it there for another 10min. Question: what is in a key that takes 25min to program?

Second part: so that day I thought the programming completed and I was able to start the car.. I didn't drive it. Today my fiancé goes to drive it with that key and the car will not go into gear! My key still works fine but her's does everything but let you put it in gear!

The dealer said to put it back in the ignition for a half hour and see if it starts working. Will post progress.