CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

NEED HELP URGENTLY!!ABS/BAS/ESP WARNING LIGHTS & WITH SHIFTER STUCK ON PARK, THANKS

Old 10-06-2009, 06:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 320
NEED HELP URGENTLY!!ABS/BAS/ESP WARNING LIGHTS & WITH SHIFTER STUCK ON PARK, THANKS

well, I was changing my head light bulbs last night and all the sudden, I noticed ABS/BAS/ESP/Brake wear and check engine warning lights were lit up on my instrument cluster. Also, the car stuck in park and cant move the shifter at all.

I have done some research on the forum, and says its the brake switch need to be replaced. So I went to the local mercedes stealer to buy the brake switch for our car. But i was told by the part dept. The CLK doesnt have the brake switch and it uses pressure switch and cost about $140. Since i am still don't know what the problem is, So i decided to come back to do some more research and ask people from this forum.

Please help as I really don't want to spend too much to get this sorted out. could it be the pressure switch?Also, is there a unlock shifter hole in our CLK,?so at least I can drive it to the shop Anyone else with this problem and what was the end result? Please kindly advise, Thank
Old 10-07-2009, 12:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
CLS550 4Matic
Originally Posted by azndaivd85
well, I was changing my head light bulbs last night and all the sudden, I noticed ABS/BAS/ESP/Brake wear and check engine warning lights were lit up on my instrument cluster. Also, the car stuck in park and cant move the shifter at all.

I have done some research on the forum, and says its the brake switch need to be replaced. So I went to the local mercedes stealer to buy the brake switch for our car. But i was told by the part dept. The CLK doesnt have the brake switch and it uses pressure switch and cost about $140. Since i am still don't know what the problem is, So i decided to come back to do some more research and ask people from this forum.

Please help as I really don't want to spend too much to get this sorted out. could it be the pressure switch?Also, is there a unlock shifter hole in our CLK,?so at least I can drive it to the shop Anyone else with this problem and what was the end result? Please kindly advise, Thank
Hello,

sorry to hear about your problem.
From what i have read in the Mercedes book: Under the cupholder pointing north there should be a rubber thing you can open and in there you can insert one of the metal sticks that came with your car to unlock your car form the Parking Mode!
I am not sure if this will resolve all the lights you are getting but i know it does unlock your transmission.

Good luck!
Old 10-08-2009, 04:18 PM

CLK 320
I have no idea... but that sucks! My condolences.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:24 PM

CLK 500
that happened to me before. i was trying to move the fuse box under my hood and accidentally removed a fuse. that was the reason why my car was stuck in park with all the warning lights.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:24 PM

CLK 320
so because of the fuse caused all that problem? I'll check my fuse to see whether they are burned or not!! Did you remember which fuse you accidentally removed?
Thanks

Originally Posted by directordat
that happened to me before. i was trying to move the fuse box under my hood and accidentally removed a fuse. that was the reason why my car was stuck in park with all the warning lights.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:18 PM

CLK 500
so because of the fuse caused all that problem? I'll check my fuse to see whether they are burned or not!! Did you remember which fuse you accidentally removed?
Thanks
the dealership told me i was just missing one fuse thats all. you should do more research. have you checked if you spilled any liquid near the shifter? there's a unlock hole somewhere under the shifter cap
Old 10-06-2010, 08:33 PM

16 GLE 450 Coupe
hey did anyone ever find outr what fuse was touched. i changed out 2 fuses and now my car wont get out of park.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
I have done some research on the forum, and says its the brake switch need to be replaced. , Thank

It the W208 model that has these issues, not W209 model.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
Originally Posted by Clkboi
Hello,

sorry to hear about your problem.
From what i have read in the Mercedes book: Under the cupholder pointing north there should be a rubber thing you can open and in there you can insert one of the metal sticks that came with your car to unlock your car form the Parking Mode!

Good luck!

True but on the post-2006 model, it inside the center arm rest.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
lol
Old 10-06-2010, 11:33 PM

16 GLE 450 Coupe
blown fuse

well i found out what happened to mine. i had a blown fuse under the hood. in teh fuse box if you standing over the engine bay on the drivers side. its the one all the way to the right. right under your larger "maxi" fuse