CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Don Nguyen | **Vinyl Roof Wrapping Services + Stickers/Graphics and more!**

Old 11-07-2014, 01:14 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Euros
I am not sure who asked me, but someone on this forum asked about how my tint/smoke film that I typically use on tail lights would look like if it was applied over a chrome finish, to give it a gunmetal chrome or hyper black type finish/look to it. What I did for this car is probably going to be close or similar to that as it is going to get for the moment, unless someone does come by to actually have me apply the film over their chrome pieces.

This is something different and new that I haven’t done before. I had blacked out the chrome trimming on this Lexus IS350 sedan in the past, but this time the owner of the car had me apply my tint/smoke film, which is what I normally use on the tail lights I’ve posted, to the front center emblem of the car to slightly tone it down. The pictures I took of it inside aren’t the best, since the lighting was pretty dark. However, you can still get an idea of how it looks like before/after the film was applied.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 11-09-2014, 04:15 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
For this white 2014 Maserati Ghibli sedan, I vinyl wrapped the roof of the car in my gloss black vinyl material to give it the panoramic roof look. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County, from Los Angeles to have the vinyl work done. Even though the car was brand new, the gloss black roof still changed the look of the car completely to the owner of the car. The owner had me leave the side rails body colored and only wrapped the center of the roof. This will give an idea to those who want to see what it looks like to have just the center of the roof wrapped only and keep the side rails body colored.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 01-08-2015, 12:52 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
On this new white Mercedes Benz E350 sedan, the owner had me lightly smoke/tint the head lights and tail lights of his car with my vinyl film material. I have had a lot of people ask me if they are tinted inside, but the film and method that I use is for the outside of the head and tail lights. In addition to changing the look of the car, the film also protects the head lights from rock chips, pitting, fading, etc. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the tinting work done.

Driver/right side tinted/smoked - Passenger/left side stock:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 01-11-2015, 10:36 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
For this silver Mercedes Benz C300 sedan, I blacked out the silver and chrome areas of the grill in a matte black finish with plasti dip. In addition to the grill, I applied a light tint/smoke film to the chrome part of the blinkers on side mirrors. I think the black grill drastically changed the look of the car and gave it a more aggressive look. The good part about plasti dip is it is reversible and is removable just like vinyl. The owner of this car came out from Inland Empire area to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to get the work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 01-18-2015, 03:33 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Did something slightly different on these tails than most of the pictures you guys usually see of me tinting/smoking the tails. For this silver Mercedes Benz C32 AMG sedan, I applied a transparent red film over the white portions of the rear tail light blinker areas, so that the white/clear portions matched the rest of the red on the tail lights. It’s a subtle change that changes the way the car looks and is still reversible for if the owner decided to go back to factory later on when selling the car or if they just want to change the look up again. I did this car during one of my norcal/bay area trips.

Right/driver side red clear film applied - Left/passenger side stock

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 01-30-2015, 12:45 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
The owner of this white Ferrari FF coupe has had several of his previous cars worked on by me in the past for different vinyl wrap projects. *For his Ferrari FF, we went with the my gloss black vinyl materials for the roof of his car to give it a panoramic roof look and also give it a more aggressive look. *Even though the car already stands out from other cars, the gloss black roof really changed the look of the car even more in a positive way. *The owner of this car was local to me in Yorba Linda and came out to my shop in Orange County to have the vinyl work done. *Also, the purple hue in the pictures was because this car was finished just as the sun was going down and the lighting of the sky was a bit purpleish that day, which translated over into the pictures.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-08-2015, 06:59 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
This brand new matte grey Mercedes Benz GLA45 AMG came by to have me lightly smoke/tint the tail lights of his car. In addition to doing the tail lights, I also blacked out the chrome trunk and bumper bars, to complete the blacked out gloss black look on the rest of the car. The film is a very light shade, meant to give it a very factory or as I would like to call an OEM+ look. It’s subtle enough that if you didn’t know there was a film on there, you would have thought it came like this from the factory. The owner of this car was from Los Angeles and drove out to me in Orange County/Anaheim Hills to get the tint work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-16-2015, 05:14 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Here is something slightly different from the typical chrome that I wrap on most cars. The owner of this black Mercedes Benz CLA45 AMG had me vinyl wrap the chrome pieces on the top of his door handles with the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber material. The owner of this car was from South Orange County and came out to me in Anaheim Hills to get the vinyl work done. I think this finish and look went well with the darker/black color of the car, since it got rid of the chrome on the door handles, but at the same time giving it a slightly different look than just color matching the pieces to the rest of the car.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-18-2015, 06:41 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
These pictures are slightly over exposed, but I wanted the details of the parts that were actually being wrapped to show up in the pictures better. The owner of this white Mercedes Benz C300 W205 sedan had me vinyl wrap the lower front bumper chrome lip and also the body colored rear diffuser on his car with my gloss black vinyl material. Blacking out these pieces really cleaned up the look of the car and gave it a sportier look, since the immediate pieces around it were already black as well. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-22-2015, 11:09 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
For this black Mercedes Benz E55 AMG Sedan, I lightly tinted/smoked the tail lights of the car with a vinyl film. The darker tail lights matched the darker theme of the car fairly well, with the car already having blacked out wheels, exhaust tips, etc. The film is a fairly light shade, so light output is minimally affected, unlike tail lights that are completely blacked out. The owner of this car was from around Huntington Beach I believe, and came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl wrap work done on his tail lights.

Before:

Driver/left side tinted/smoked - Passenger/right side stock:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 02-24-2015, 05:39 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
I forgot to take pictures for the before for this white Mercedes Benz CLA 250 sedan, before wrapping the roof of the car in my gloss black vinyl material. We went with the gloss black finish car wrap for his roof to give it the panoramic roof look. The owner of this car was from Brea and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the car wrap done for his roof. Since there was no sunroof on the car, the roof wrap provided a continuous clean look from the back of the roof of the front of the roof.

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 02-26-2015, 04:08 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
This is a bit different, but I know you guys seeing more pictures of various and different type of wrap jobs than the regular roof, trim, etc wraps. I did a partial car wrap for the top half of this 2013 white Land Rover LR4 HSE. For this car wrap, we did the top half of the car in 3M 1080 gloss black vinyl material. I believe the owner of this car said that it’s suppose to resemble how the new Range Rover Autobiography editions come from the factory. I took two pictures of the during vinyl wrapping process, to show you guys how what it looks like during the transformation. The owner of this car was in Irvine and came out to me in Anaheim hills/Orange county to have the car wrap done for his car.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 03-02-2015, 12:07 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
This is a bit different, but I know you guys seeing more pictures of various and different type of wrap jobs than the regular roof, trim, etc wraps. I did a partial car wrap for the top half of this 2013 white Land Rover LR4 HSE. For this car wrap, we did the top half of the car in 3M 1080 gloss black vinyl material. I believe the owner of this car said that it’s suppose to resemble how the new Range Rover Autobiography editions come from the factory. I took two pictures of the during vinyl wrapping process, to show you guys how what it looks like during the transformation. The owner of this car was in Irvine and came out to me in Anaheim hills/Orange county to have the car wrap done for his car.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 04-07-2015, 01:16 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
For this red Ferrari 458 I plasti dipped the front, rear, and top engine lid emblems/badges. I also blacked out the amber portion on his front bumper with my gloss black vinyl. For such a simple change, it really changed the look of the car quite a bit. Since there were no other chrome pieces on the car, after blacking out those chrome badges, it gave the car a sportier and more aggressive look, while cleaning up overall look of the car as well. The owner of this car was local to me and brought his car out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the plastic dip and vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 04-08-2015, 07:41 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
The owner of this silver Mercedes Benz C63 AMG sedan came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County from Los Angeles to have me apply a gloss black vinyl roof car wrap for his car. People usually say white cars look the best with gloss black roofs, but I actually think it looks awesome on silver cars. The gloss black roof compliments the silver and other carbon fiber/black accents on the the car perfectly.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 05-03-2015, 03:30 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
This is a return customer who had me previous lightly tint the tail lights on his E92 M3. This time he had me come back to do the tail lights on his Audi V10 R8 as well. The film that I use is a fairly light shade, which is dark enough to give it a nice noticeable change and also still maintain a factory/OEM look. The owner of this car was in Irvine/Orange County near where I was so I dropped by his house to do the tail lights for his car.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 05-06-2015, 01:58 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
On this brand new white Mercedes Benz W205 C350 sedan I blacked out the factory chrome/brushed aluminum window trim surround with my gloss black vinyl material. Blacking out the chrome on the sides of the car with the gloss black vinyl car wrap really cleans up the lines on the side of the car, especially with the tinted windows that this car already had. I took quite a few before pictures at various angles to show how much of a chance it was from the before/after. The owner of this car was from Irvine and came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the car wrap done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 07-09-2015, 12:11 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
The owner of this silver/grey Mercedes GTS AMG coupe came by to have me black out the chrome badges and emblems. I plasti dipped the rear emblems, front hood emblem and the star on the front grill. For the chrome horizontal slats on the front grill, I wrapped those in my gloss black vinyl, to match the gloss black grill that they were attached to already. The owner of this car was from Orange County and came out to me in Anaheim Hills to have the plasti dip and vinyl work done. I like the way the hood emblem turned out. The details in the emblem were not lost after being plasti dipped. The matte finish gives it a more interesting look.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 10-07-2015, 08:04 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
It’s been several months seen I have had a chance to post some pictures. Been extremely busy, so haven’t had a chance to post some of the work/cars that I have been doing. The owner of this white Lamborghini Hurrican brought his car by to black out the amber reflectors on the front and rear bumpers of the car. In addition to blacking those pieces out, I also plasti dipped the rear Lamborghini badge in matte black to basically get rid of the only chrome piece on the vehicle’s exterior. Overall, the work done was fairly simple, but these small changes still changed the look of the car up and gave everything a nice black and white color scheme. The owner of this car brought his car to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl and plasti dip work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 10-11-2015, 05:15 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Starting to see more AMG S editions come in to get vinyl work done. For the owner of this particular white Mercedes Benz C63S, he brought his car by to have me vinyl wrap what little brushed aluminum / chrome that was still left on the car around the window trim, lower side skirts, front and rear lower bumper trim pieces. We went with gloss black for wrapping all of the chrome, to give it an OEM gloss finish and also match the other gloss black accents that were already on the car. The owner of this car brought his car to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl car wrap work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 12-13-2015, 03:24 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
For some reason, as each generation of Mercedes progresses, they seem to get more and more chrome. The owner of this car had me black out almost all of the chrome pieces in the car with my gloss black vinyl material. I vinyl wrapped the front lower bumper chrome trim, the chrome on the lower side skirts, the window trim, the rear lower bumper trim and also the trunk trim pieces all in gloss black. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to have the vehicle wrap done. Not everything was blacked out on the car. Some chrome accents such as the grill, door handles and rear badges were left, which still provided a good amount of contrast with the car.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 01-13-2016, 08:01 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
The owner of this black Mercedes Benz ML350 Bluetech SUV has had me do other vinyl work on his car in the past. This time around, he had me lightly tint/smoke the tail lights of his car with my film. I did both the tail lights and the bottom bumper reflectors to match the tail lights. In addition to the tail lights, I also debaged the rear ML350 and Bluetech emblems for his car, to clean up the rear of the car some more. The owner of this car was from Irvine and came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 01-26-2016, 05:55 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
This is something different from the typical wraps that I do, although I have had quite a few requests for this particular style to be done before. I forget what car or package was called that the owner got the idea from, so maybe one of you guys will know or remember. Either way, the owner simply wanted me to add some more red accents to the car around the grill area and also the little insert pieces on the side skirts. Overall, we were able to achieve the look that the owner of the car was going for, and if he ever decided to go back to stock, everything could be easily reversed to original without any damage to the paint. The owner of this car drove out to me from Los Angeles to Orange County / Anaheim Hills to have the vinyl car wrap work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 02-04-2016, 12:01 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
The owner of this grey Mercedes Benz came by to have me vinyl wrap the chrome / brushed aluminum window trim on the car with my gloss black vinyl car wrap material. The owner of the car came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County from around Burbank / Los Angeles to have me do the vinyl work. The gloss black window trim worked well with the car, especially because the B pillar of the car was already gloss black. I took some close up pictures of the window trim area after it was wrapped to show the level of detail that’s involved in my wraps and how much coverage I am able to get with the vinyl material. The gloss black trim is able to maintain a factory look without looking like it was aftermarket or done afterwards. There’s still enough other chrome accents on the car to give it some contrast still as well.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 02-09-2016, 02:32 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Euros
Surprisingly, this is becoming more of a common occurrence, even on fairly new cars (5-7 years old). I used to see this kind of issue more on Hondas and Acuras, but apparently a lot of black BMW E60 5 series have been showing up with similar issues in their paint. This black BMW E60 550 sedan had me wrap the roof of his car in my gloss black vinyl material to help cover up the oxidizing and fading factory paint. The gloss black wrap is a fairly close match to the gloss jet black finish of the BMW’s factory paint, making this a cheaper alternative to having to repaint the whole roof. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County from Oceanside / San Diego to have the vinyl wrap done on his roof.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Don Nguyen | **Vinyl Roof Wrapping Services + Stickers/Graphics and more!**