Go Back   MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Coupes & Cabriolets > CLK-Class (W209)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Welcome to MBWorld.org!
Welcome to MBWorld,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-21-2012, 07:32 PM   #1

Drives: 2004 CLK55 cab
Cigarette lighter not working

The cigarette lighter hasn't worked in my car since I've owned it (4 months).

There is no light around the socket, but my glovebox and center arm rest lights are lit up. I checked fuse 47 (15amp) and the fuse is fine.

Does the socket itself go bad? or any other ideas?
To remove this ad, register today or login if you already are registered!

Robperri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:59 PM   #2
MBworld Guru

Drives: Current: 2002 C240, 2007 CLK550 Cabriolet, Previos: W163 ML320, W123 300D
It may be a loose connector on the back of the lighter assembly. It's not hard to remove. Start by removing the shifter boot chrome trim from the wood panel - carefully pry up on it with a soft wedge tool. Then remove the wood trim around the shifter - open the ashtray and then pull up firmly on the leading edge of that wood panel. After that, the entire ashtray component comes out. There are two plastic clips now exposed just under where the wood panel was. If you need photos, do a search for "radio installation" and these should be the first few steps of that process.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:12 AM   #3

Drives: 2008 CLK550 Cab
No need to remove the chrome trim ring. That puppy is plastic and the chrome cracks easily. Open you ashtray and you'll fell the seam at the front of the large piece the chrome ring is in. Easiest to put a small angled pry bar in there and pry up the front end of it. It then pulls forward and up. Then there are two small platic tabs that holdd the whole ashtray assmebly in.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:58 AM   #4

Drives: 2004 CLK55 cab
Thanks. I will give that a try.
Robperri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:58 AM

Tags
2002, 2003, 2007, 320clk, armrest, center, cigarette, clk55, clk550, convertible, coupe, fuse, install, light, lighter, mb, mercedes, w209, working