CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Selling my 2006 Clk500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 06:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Clk 500
Selling my 2006 Clk500

I am asking 11.5K obo
This is my weekend car. I do not drive it daily so the miles will not go up very much. I am looking to sell ASAP and am motivated to sell so don't hesitate to make me offers. I did just have new wheels and tires put on the car about a month ago. I also have the old set. I will dock the price down a good amount if you choose to have the old wheels on instead of the new. I have all the maintenance records of the work done while i have had the car. The car is lowered on H&R lowering springs. The windows have been tinted (35% front, 20% back). The interior is wrapped with red carbon fiber but if you do not like that, simply peel it off and you'll have a shiny wooden finish. I have other little cosmetic stuff done to the car as well (led interior lights, clear side markers, muffler delete, new front bumper)
Car has just under 76,xxxK miles on it
Interior 9/10
Exterior 8.5/10

Contact me at aspirollari@yahoo.com or 5402095206 if you are interested or want more pictures or anything else
Attached Thumbnails Selling my 2006 Clk500-img_8350.jpg   Selling my 2006 Clk500-img_8189.jpg   Selling my 2006 Clk500-img_8236.jpg   Selling my 2006 Clk500-img_8227.jpg  

Last edited by aspirollari; 12-05-2014 at 03:06 AM.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:08 PM

2006 Clk 500
Other pics
Attached Thumbnails Selling my 2006 Clk500-2j4ad7b.jpg   Selling my 2006 Clk500-2w5n43l.jpg   Selling my 2006 Clk500-28s2cfa.jpg   Selling my 2006 Clk500-jj5qx4.jpg   Selling my 2006 Clk500-wqzjvk.jpg  

Old 08-28-2014, 11:39 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 E55
wow that sucks your carbon red wrap is dope where did you order it from?.. GLWS
Old 08-28-2014, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 110 Likes on 101 Posts
2008 CLK550 Cab
Maybe the story is on here somewhere, but how did they ruin your tranny? Unless it's a lot more detailed than "they did the service and now it doesn't work" you are wasting your money suing them. I also think you are better off throwing a tranny in to sell it. The price you will get for a car that needs a tranny is going to be pretty low. Far less than the value of the car with a good tranny minus the price if a used tranny. Most buyers will not even consider it. Those that will consider it will look at it as a steal.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:42 PM

2006 Clk 500
Originally Posted by AMG_Adon
wow that sucks your carbon red wrap is dope where did you order it from?.. GLWS
thanks, and i got it from ebay
Old 08-29-2014, 12:44 PM

2006 Clk 500
Originally Posted by Yidney
Maybe the story is on here somewhere, but how did they ruin your tranny? Unless it's a lot more detailed than "they did the service and now it doesn't work" you are wasting your money suing them. I also think you are better off throwing a tranny in to sell it. The price you will get for a car that needs a tranny is going to be pretty low. Far less than the value of the car with a good tranny minus the price if a used tranny. Most buyers will not even consider it. Those that will consider it will look at it as a steal.
they were suppose to change the conductor plate, valve body, and flush the tranny. After they did, the car wasn't going into gear and when it did the tranny was slipping and i never had that problem before. They told me i need a new tranny cuz mine is shot. But if i needed a tranny from the beginning the diagnostics should have shown it. And yea i know its gonna be hard to sell it with a messed up tranny but i dont have 5k to replace it :/ im in such a bad situation.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:48 PM

2006 Clk 500
I need whatever help i can get, please spread the word so that i can get my car sold asap
Old 08-29-2014, 01:39 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Current: '19 E450 Cabriolet - Past: '19 C300 Coupe, '12 SLK350, '16 E350, '14 C250 (x2), '09 CLK350
Sorry to hear about your situation. It sucks being in situations where money is tight like that, and you're just looking for a quick resolution.

Unfortunately, you're not going to get much money selling your busted car - that's just a fact. You'd get even less trying to trade it in to a dealer, so if you do attempt to sell it, sell it yourself but read up on lemon laws to learn how to protect yourself. You also have the option of selling it to a used car place/mechanic for parts. A sad resolution but another option.

Probably just a time to do some math. Break down your numbers, get a few quotes on what you could get for it locally without fixing it. Also take into account the scenario of actually throwing it on a credit card and paying it off, selling the car, and seeing where you end up. Run some scenarios in Excel. A little riskier but worth a shot.

I know it's hard to hear stuff like this after the fact, but this is exactly why I will never, ever own or drive an out-of-warranty Mercedes. I've heard too many stories like this to not invest in a bumper-to-bumper warranty. I got my CLK350 last year for $20k and spent the extra $3k on a comprehensive warranty and I'm already seeing returns on that investment, plus it was only another 30-40 bucks a month on top of my monthly payment. I'm at 52k miles and when my warranty runs up - I get rid of the car, which exactly times out to when I hit 100% ownership.

I would take this as a learning experience - we all have them - and get yourself a MB with a warranty next time around that will cover you for the duration of your ownership. The peace of mind you will have will be pretty much priceless.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:02 PM

2006 Clk 500
Originally Posted by MoneyVSOP
Sorry to hear about your situation. It sucks being in situations where money is tight like that, and you're just looking for a quick resolution.

Unfortunately, you're not going to get much money selling your busted car - that's just a fact. You'd get even less trying to trade it in to a dealer, so if you do attempt to sell it, sell it yourself but read up on lemon laws to learn how to protect yourself. You also have the option of selling it to a used car place/mechanic for parts. A sad resolution but another option.

Probably just a time to do some math. Break down your numbers, get a few quotes on what you could get for it locally without fixing it. Also take into account the scenario of actually throwing it on a credit card and paying it off, selling the car, and seeing where you end up. Run some scenarios in Excel. A little riskier but worth a shot.

I know it's hard to hear stuff like this after the fact, but this is exactly why I will never, ever own or drive an out-of-warranty Mercedes. I've heard too many stories like this to not invest in a bumper-to-bumper warranty. I got my CLK350 last year for $20k and spent the extra $3k on a comprehensive warranty and I'm already seeing returns on that investment, plus it was only another 30-40 bucks a month on top of my monthly payment. I'm at 52k miles and when my warranty runs up - I get rid of the car, which exactly times out to when I hit 100% ownership.

I would take this as a learning experience - we all have them - and get yourself a MB with a warranty next time around that will cover you for the duration of your ownership. The peace of mind you will have will be pretty much priceless.
well said my brother, def a learning experience. I've been told to file a "warrant in debt" as just a civil case suing the dealership for damage compensation. But like i said before i just started school and this is so much stress on me. I'm having a hard time concentrating in school. I think I might end up getting a loan to put the another tranny in and then sell it.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:42 PM

W209(sold), W212, X204
Why don't you try to work something out with the dealership? Talk to management or something.... Or try your story at mercedes Benz Headquarters or something. I'm sure if you gave them enough **** about it they will respond. Make an official review on all forums about this dealership so we all know to avoid them! Sorry to hear about it man good luck!
Old 08-29-2014, 03:15 PM

2006 Clk 500
Originally Posted by Eojj
Why don't you try to work something out with the dealership? Talk to management or something.... Or try your story at mercedes Benz Headquarters or something. I'm sure if you gave them enough **** about it they will respond. Make an official review on all forums about this dealership so we all know to avoid them! Sorry to hear about it man good luck!
I did speak with someone from MBUSA but they are sticking behind the dealership of course. They don't want to admit to any mistakes made by mercedes. But I most likely will continue to contact different people from Mercedes hopefully until they get fed up with me and do the repairs free of charge.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:29 AM

W209(sold), W212, X204
Originally Posted by aspirollari
I did speak with someone from MBUSA but they are sticking behind the dealership of course. They don't want to admit to any mistakes made by mercedes. But I most likely will continue to contact different people from Mercedes hopefully until they get fed up with me and do the repairs free of charge.
I'm sure someone from that dealer probably lurks these forums. You should bring as much public awareness to it as you can. They'll be forced to respond... Document every contact you make with them.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:39 PM

2006 Clk 500
Originally Posted by Eojj
I'm sure someone from that dealer probably lurks these forums. You should bring as much public awareness to it as you can. They'll be forced to respond... Document every contact you make with them.
quite frankly man i am tired... this is too stressful. I'm in school and gotta start focusing. Im probli just gonna have them change the tranny then sell the car to make the money back.
Old 08-30-2014, 04:44 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 999 Likes on 868 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
Just some friendly advice...find a good indy to do the work. Why go back to the dealer who didn't fix it right the first time? And as for yourbeing in school and on a tight budget, a used MBZ with no warranty is probably not the right car for you. These cars are very complex and some things that can go wrong can be expensive to repair unless you can DIY. If you had your own garage, and investment in tools and skills, and the time, then you can get away with owning one of these on a budget, but having to rely on dealers is going to be costly.
Old 08-30-2014, 05:50 PM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 280 Likes on 231 Posts
2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
I had old piece of **** hondas when I went through university! I don't know what your home situation is like but if it were me I would buy a POS beater. I would park my car up, probably at my parents and fix it when the time, money, skill allowed. If you can learn to DIY in the holidays that would save you heaps. Then you would have the time to remove the transmission, strip it down and have someone rebuild it for you and of course keep your car, or at least not make a huge loss when selling.
Old 08-31-2014, 01:58 AM

2006 Clk 500
Originally Posted by Rudeney
Just some friendly advice...find a good indy to do the work. Why go back to the dealer who didn't fix it right the first time? And as for yourbeing in school and on a tight budget, a used MBZ with no warranty is probably not the right car for you. These cars are very complex and some things that can go wrong can be expensive to repair unless you can DIY. If you had your own garage, and investment in tools and skills, and the time, then you can get away with owning one of these on a budget, but having to rely on dealers is going to be costly.
oh i have a good mechanic thats a genius with transmissions, but won't mercedes have to reprogram the conductor plate either way?
Old 08-31-2014, 01:58 AM

2006 Clk 500
Originally Posted by tw2
I had old piece of **** hondas when I went through university! I don't know what your home situation is like but if it were me I would buy a POS beater. I would park my car up, probably at my parents and fix it when the time, money, skill allowed. If you can learn to DIY in the holidays that would save you heaps. Then you would have the time to remove the transmission, strip it down and have someone rebuild it for you and of course keep your car, or at least not make a huge loss when selling.
touche buddy, i realized that now, once i get it replaced im gonna sell it right away and get an old subi.
Old 08-31-2014, 04:32 AM
tw2
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 280 Likes on 231 Posts
2005 E55 AMG, 1991 MR2
touche buddy, i realized that now, once i get it replaced im gonna sell it right away and get an old subi.
I did the same sort of thing on a smaller scale and ages ago. I had a toyota alltrac. Clutch blew up. Guess who learnt to remove the engine, transmission, separate them both, have a new clutch made, resurface and rebuild the pressure plate and put it all back together with a new throw out bearing. Took me a few weeks when I had time around study and I had that car for 7 more years. It was just about working out a back up plan while I was a student. Now I would just chuck it on the credit card and cry a little.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:49 AM
cvx

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W203 C200CDI
oh i have a good mechanic thats a genius with transmissions, but won't mercedes have to reprogram the conductor plate either way?
According to Mercedes Work Shop Instructions, the 722.6 (5-speed auto) does not need reprogramming at any point. If you have the 722.9 (7-speed) then some data has to be backed up and transferred after the installation.

You will need MB Star Diagnosis to properly see transmission fault codes and you need it for erasing them aswell. I suggest you to find an indy who has it and proceed from there. Most likely the mechanical side is okey and there are something wrong with the electrical side (transmission control unit, valve body, conductor plate, etc)

Star should be able to show you right away what is wrong

Edit: Also the transmission should have been resetted/adapted again after such a major procedure. Did they do it?

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...aptations.html
http://www.w203.pl//files/adaptacja_..._722_6_184.pdf

Last edited by cvx; 08-31-2014 at 05:55 AM.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:20 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 999 Likes on 868 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
The OP's MY2006 CLK500 should have the 722.9 7GTRONIC transmission, so yes, any changes to the electronics will require SCN coding. However, the delaer has already done this, correct? If so, the problem should be mechanical, The typical problems with these units is failure of the turbine speed sensor (and that's what usually requires a new conductor plate) or a failure of the main fluid pump. If the pump fails, it generally disintegrates and thus pretty much ruins the entire transmission. I would see about doing a swap for a used transmission.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 clk55 : '18 Canyon Duramax: :91 325i : #33 So Cal Spec E30
Why were you replacing the valve body if the transmission wasn't bad? Wouldn't needing a valve body replacement = a bad transmission?
Old 09-11-2014, 10:34 PM

2006 Clk 500
Originally Posted by priapism
Why were you replacing the valve body if the transmission wasn't bad? Wouldn't needing a valve body replacement = a bad transmission?
the only thing that was bad was the conductor plate, however for my model clk500, when you change the plate you have to change the valve body along with it. Whether its bad or not.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:23 AM

2006 Clk 500
bump, throw me an off or trade!
Old 12-05-2014, 03:05 AM

2006 Clk 500
price drop 11.5k
Old 12-05-2014, 08:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 110 Likes on 101 Posts
2008 CLK550 Cab
Just curious since you have been trying to sell the car since August where else you have it advertised. I suppose that statistically speaking this is the worst place to advertise it since everybody here already owns a W209 of some kind. But I would not have thought it would take 5 months to unload that car if you have it advertised in other places. But if it were me, I'd take the red wrap off yourself. I think that any carbon wrap reduces your potential buyers, but red carbon reduces it to a very small group - probably all under the age of about 26. I know it can be peeled off, but nobody wants to have to do that on their "new" car. I can tell you for sure that if I was in the market for a 500 I would immediately click "next" if I saw the red stuff. Just a thought.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Selling my 2006 Clk500