CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

2 leaks on my CLK Cabriolet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 08:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK
2 leaks on my CLK Cabriolet

I am hoping someone might be able to offer some advise. I have a 2007 model CLK. After it has been raining I get two issues.

The first issue affects the person in the passenger seat. When I accelerate a fair dose of water flies out of the direction of the top front corner of the door window area and saturates them on their arm near the window.

The second issue is that I get a huge amount of water collect in the footwell behind the driver seat (on the right). I mop out what I can but after driving there's loads more that 'appears' and needs removing. I now drive around with sponges on the floor and try and get the sun on it when I can (not great for the leather). I have looked for an obvious leak and cannot see one.

Any ideas please? I have no car experience so would appreciate simple explanations. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-12-2014, 09:27 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 999 Likes on 868 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
A common leak at the windshield header is clogged drain tubes. Check this thread:

https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class...ater-leak.html
Old 09-14-2014, 09:49 AM

CLK
Front is now clear - any idea on water in the right footwell please?

Thanks Rodney - that link you sent me to was super clear and I wish I had poured the water before cleaning as now will have to wait until it rains :-)

It's the water in the right hand footwell that is the bigger of the leaks. Have you any ideas about that please?
Old 09-14-2014, 12:16 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 999 Likes on 868 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
No, that's a puzzle. With as much water as you describe, I would think the lining on the top would be soaked if it were coming from above. I am wondering if it is coming from a bad side window or door seal. Of course it is the lowest point on the floor, so the water would accumulate there, but not from the passenger side leak. Another possibility is the seal along the back edge of the soft top where it meets the cover, behind the rear glass. You might also want to remove the rear seat cushion to see if it's coming from behind the seat (i.e. trunk) area.

Oh, and go ahead and pour water into the drains - just make sure it's coming outside the car, not inside.
Old 09-14-2014, 12:24 PM

CLK
I've been having fun

with food coloured water - pouring it in all the places that look like they drain water. All seem to run freely. I did find a post on this site about rear drain plugs and found it underneath about 4 inchs away from the rear wheel towards the front wheel. I tried to unscrew but chewed the plastic so I will take it to my Dads - he seems to have a tool for everything :-) Someone else found these were dirty and clogged and this fixed their 'swimming pool' issue. I will let you know what I find when I do manage to unscrew.

Thanks for helping.