CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Rear Driver Side Window Problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 320
Rear Driver Side Window Problems

Howdy all
i have an 04 CLK 320 and am having problems with the driver side rear window. It goes down fine but will not go up. I can hear the motor turning fine, which has me wondering if it is a regulator. They are $450 and i really do not want to spend the money. Any chance it is just off the track or something minor that is an easy fix?
Old 11-14-2014, 11:06 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 999 Likes on 868 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
One point of failure on the regulator is a plastic bushing that you may be able to replace. I haven't done this myself, but I have heard others mention doing this. You can get bushings from parts stores (usually for older Ford/GM cars) so you just need to find one that matches. if that's the issue.

BTW, I just posted the WIS docs here:

https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class...rr-window.html

If yours is a coupe, here's the doc for paneling removal:

http://benzbits.com/w209/RemoveSidePanellingCoupe.pdf
Old 11-15-2014, 03:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
None for now
Sometimes for some odd reason my windows would go down fine but when I want both front windows to go up at the same time, either the driver side stops halfway or the passenger side stops. Sometimes it even goes back down. This happens like once every few weeks/months.
Old 11-15-2014, 09:59 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 999 Likes on 868 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
Originally Posted by kb24forlife24
Sometimes for some odd reason my windows would go down fine but when I want both front windows to go up at the same time, either the driver side stops halfway or the passenger side stops. Sometimes it even goes back down. This happens like once every few weeks/months.
Try resetting the door controllers, then re-syncing the windows. Remove fuses 21 and 22 (cabin/dash panel) for a few minutes. After replacing them, re-syn the windows by lowering them halfway, then raising them and holding the switch in the lifted position for an extra 10 seconds. If this doesn't do it, then you may have both front door window regulators or motors failing.