CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Bluetooth Adapter installed; no CDC option in Audio Menu

Old 01-17-2015, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 C300 Canriolet
Bluetooth Adapter installed; no CDC option in Audio Menu

Noob and car-audio idiot here. Just purchased bluetooth adapter (Grom MST-3 Plus) and had it professionally installed.

My 2006 CLK350 has a Comand unit (Comand 50 I believe) but did not have a factory-installed CD Changer. After the device was installed, I went to the dealership so that they could program the Comand to turn the CD Changer switch "on." They claim that they did so, but CDC does NOT appear on my audio menu.

The Grom will not activate unless Comand sends it an optical signal, which can only be done by activating the CD Changer. The question: How do I get my audio menu to show the CD Changer as an option so that I can start the GROM?
Would a re-set of the Comand solve the problem? How do I do that safely?
Old 01-18-2015, 10:53 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 999 Likes on 868 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
It sounds like the fiber optic loop is not complete. Even without a factory CDC, the radio should recognize it once it (or the Grom, which emulates it) is installed. My guess is that either the Grom unit is defective, or the installer did not properly connect the fiber loop.