CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Chrome windscreen for Cab's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 12:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLK500, YUKON XL Quadrasteer, CRF 450x
Chrome windscreen for Cab's

I was able to pick up some well made Stainless Steel chrome surround covers for my crossfire a few years back and am curious if this exists for CLK's? I've looked with no luck. Today I installed vinyl chrome as best I could and it looks very nice from far, but not near the quality and finish as it should be. Curious if there is enough interest to investigate a group purchase assuming we could find someone to produce them. I'd start by going to the source of where I got the 3 piece units for the crossfire but they are out of Germany so I don't expect much luck. Thoughts? suggestions? comments on the look?

Link to see Crossfire version:
http://www.crossfiremall.com/crossfi...round-set-3pc/
Attached Thumbnails Chrome windscreen for Cab's-p2.jpg   Chrome windscreen for Cab's-p1.jpg   Chrome windscreen for Cab's-crossfire.jpg  
Old 02-22-2015, 08:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 110 Likes on 101 Posts
2008 CLK550 Cab
Never seen it offered, but not a fan. Looks ok on a silver car mostly because it does not stand out, but I think it would look pretty bad on my car.
Old 02-22-2015, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLK500, YUKON XL Quadrasteer, CRF 450x
Originally Posted by Yidney
Never seen it offered, but not a fan. Looks ok on a silver car mostly because it does not stand out, but I think it would look pretty bad on my car.
Certainly subjective though do a search on audi RS8 convertible images and you will see examples of different colors including red. With your wheels being silver it might look better if the windscreen trim were silver as well. IMO painted side pillars and the black (which fades to bronze) which comes stock simply looks like the designers gave up. The windshield simply blends into the soft top. Very least they should have done the center piece with paint providing a needed separation.

Last edited by gunzofnavarrone; 02-22-2015 at 06:54 PM.