CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Terminal 30 undervoltage error code

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 55 AMG, E320 CDI
Terminal 30 undervoltage error code

Hi folks

Been having a problem with my 2003 W209 CLK 55 AMG. Went to drive it one day and it fired up a brake light warning and refused to engage gears. It cured itself after a day or two but has been doing it intermittently since. I've replaced the brake pressure sensor and no difference. Since then the ESP, ABS and BAS error codes have been constantly on and when plugged in it shows Terminal 30 undervoltage with live readings of around 5v.

I've replaced the battery with the factory recommended one and the error remained. The voltage at the ABS unit coming from the plug is fine, the battery the same and the alternator also. Anyone else heard tell of this before go insane?

Old 03-30-2019, 01:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'03 W203 c180 sports coupe 6 sp Man. '02 W210 Classis E320. '02 W203 C32
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mik_jg
Hi folks

Been having a problem with my 2003 W209 CLK 55 AMG. Went to drive it one day and it fired up a brake light warning and refused to engage gears. It cured itself after a day or two but has been doing it intermittently since. I've replaced the brake pressure sensor and no difference. Since then the ESP, ABS and BAS error codes have been constantly on and when plugged in it shows Terminal 30 undervoltage with live readings of around 5v.

I've replaced the battery with the factory recommended one and the error remained. The voltage at the ABS unit coming from the plug is fine, the battery the same and the alternator also. Anyone else heard tell of this before go insane?

G'day I know this is a late response but i've had the same issue with my W210, I found it to be that the LH brake bulb holder was loose on the circuit board, I used a pin clip to retain it back into position
The following users liked this post:
Hubus Calhoun (05-27-2021)