CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Clk cabrio & coupe seat cover swap

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk 55
Clk cabrio & coupe seat cover swap

Can the coupe and cabrio front bottom seat covers be interchanged? If so please chime in on what the difference is for those models with or without heated seats. I would imagine the heat strips are between the seat cushions & seat covers like most other cars. But with German engineering can't chance anything!
Old 09-05-2015, 10:20 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 999 Likes on 868 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
Yes, the seat bottom covers are interchangeable between coupes and cabriolets. Note that there are many variations in these based on year and model (V8 vs V6 vs AMG). And yes, the heating element is part of the cover. If your heated seat element has stopped working, you might have better luck just inserting an aftermarket heating element. Disconnect the wire from the factory element and tie it to the replacement. I seem to recall someone here (or on benzworld) recently having done this and used a "carbon fiber" element that can be cut to fit.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk 55
Originally Posted by Rudeney
Yes, the seat bottom covers are interchangeable between coupes and cabriolets. Note that there are many variations in these based on year and model (V8 vs V6 vs AMG). And yes, the heating element is part of the cover. If your heated seat element has stopped working, you might have better luck just inserting an aftermarket heating element. Disconnect the wire from the factory element and tie it to the replacement. I seem to recall someone here (or on benzworld) recently having done this and used a "carbon fiber" element that can be cut to fit.

The upper seat covers would be different due to the SRS in the Cabrio's ? I have found a seller with a complete set of front seat covers out of a coupe, and just wondering if I can use them on the Cabrio seats? Pretty sure the lower cushion covers will fit with no problem, even though these are from non-heated seats.