CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Rear Camber Adjustments

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK
Rear Camber Adjustments

I lowered my car a lot in the rear and have a really negative camber. I wanted to see what people were doing to adjust this. Please let me know what you guys have and how you like it.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:44 PM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
2013 CLS63, 2001 ML430, 2012 e350 coupe
i have rear adjustable arms on mine that i carry.
Attached Thumbnails Rear Camber Adjustments-rear-arms.jpg  
Old 02-03-2016, 08:39 PM
SPONSOR

Received 145 Likes on 115 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Originally Posted by Jhuey
I lowered my car a lot in the rear and have a really negative camber. I wanted to see what people were doing to adjust this. Please let me know what you guys have and how you like it.

THERE IS ONLY FRONT AND REAR TOE ADJUSTMENT OEM!

WE SAW THE NEED TO MANUFACTURE AND REINSTATE FROM THE EARLY 90’S PRECISELY ADJUSTABLE (SINGLE WRENCH, ON CAR) FRONT CAMBER AND CASTER AND REAR CAMBER (WITH EXTRA TOE) KITS TO SUIT VIRTUALLY EVERY MODEL THROUGH TO 2016! INCLUDING ALSO AMG AND BLACK SERIES.

WITH K-MAC THE OFTEN HEARD REASSURING STATEMENT – “FULL FRONT AND REAR WHEEL ALIGNMENT” AGAIN MEANS WHAT IT SAYS!

CAMBER – Allows to actually change the tire contact angle, improving wear/ traction/ understeer/ oversteer

CASTER – Resolves steering pull, increases steering response. With better turn in and high speed directional control, along with improved anti dive/lift under brake and acceleration.

No more ongoing trips to dealers or alignment shops or constantly changing tire brands. A result of worn bushes, altering vehicle height, fitting wide profile tires/wheels, load carrying or because of curb knock damage.

ADDED BONUS IS THESE 4 FRONT AND REAR K-MAC ADJUSTABLE BUSHINGS also replace the highest wearing suspension bushings at the same time - with twice the load bearing area of OEM. Yet still 2 axis/self aligning without the use of air voids allowing also improved brake and steering response.

For the front (only) – there are available fluted offset bolts. But these are inaccurate (one only position) offering a minimal .3 of one degree (1/8” / 3mm) and require labour intensive disassembly each time.

While the K-MAC unique patented design provides up to 4 times this adjustment range. With the design breakthrough of eliminating the time consuming need to remove bushings each time a alignment setting needs to be changed.

Instead precise single wrench adjustment capability – on car, accurately (under load) direct on alignment rack!

FOR THE REAR SIMILAR KITSProviding Camber also for the 1st time for more even tire wear/traction. Again these 2 inner lower arm bushings are the highest wearing. Bush extraction tool included allowing bushes to be replaced on car. Rear kit also includes importantly extra Toe adjustment bushes to compensate for the new Camber facility.

NOTE – you can purchase adjustable upper Camber arms for the rear, but difficult to fit, access and to reduce inner edge tire wear unlike K-MAC lower arm bushings – these arms need to adjust top of tire outwards which reduces all important clearance to outer fender.

Front W209 Camber and Caster adjustable bushes $480 #502216K

Rear W209 Camber (and extra Toe) adjustable bushes $480 #501926J
(6/04– 09) 51mm OD lower arm inner bush

Rear W209 Camber (and extra Toe) adjustable bushes $320 #502026H
(01-5/04) 33mm OD lower arm inner bushes

Delivery price for MB World members USA/Canada is $30 one kit or $40 front and rear.

Payment can be made by PayPal, Visa, or MasterCard.

See link for latest 2016 catalog http://K-mac.com/mercedes/
Attached Images   
Old 02-04-2016, 04:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 59 Likes on 57 Posts
2008 clk550 - Navigator - Frontier
I am using K-Mac's rear kit. I installed them around August and there were probably 5-6K miles already on the rear tires.

I am about to get the rear tires replace this week. I am very close to 17K on the rear tires (It's been a busy 12 months). Here's an update on the review I did back in August;

The inside wear bar is about 2/3 gone - The outer wear bar is about 1/3 gone - The tires have worn pretty even (I have some negative camber by choice).

Before the K-Macs I generally needed tires at 10-11K miles and changed them at 12K. The inner warning cords were generally showing by the time I got them changed. It was actually sorta dangerous.

If I ran these tires until the warning cords started to show, I think I could get 20K miles on them. The next 7-8 months will likely be as busy for me as the last 12, so I'll see how much mileage I can get on a new set of rear tires with the K-Macs.

Even with starting with 5-6K miles on the tires with high negative camber, I got near a 50% improvement in tire wear, and the car handles better.... so I'm happy....
Old 02-04-2016, 02:57 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
05 CLK55 AMG (1 of 247) Cubanitsilber designo series
Originally Posted by Fatz
I am using K-Mac's rear kit. I installed them around August and there were probably 5-6K miles already on the rear tires.

I am about to get the rear tires replace this week. I am very close to 17K on the rear tires (It's been a busy 12 months). Here's an update on the review I did back in August;

The inside wear bar is about 2/3 gone - The outer wear bar is about 1/3 gone - The tires have worn pretty even (I have some negative camber by choice).

Before the K-Macs I generally needed tires at 10-11K miles and changed them at 12K. The inner warning cords were generally showing by the time I got them changed. It was actually sorta dangerous.

If I ran these tires until the warning cords started to show, I think I could get 20K miles on them. The next 7-8 months will likely be as busy for me as the last 12, so I'll see how much mileage I can get on a new set of rear tires with the K-Macs.

Even with starting with 5-6K miles on the tires with high negative camber, I got near a 50% improvement in tire wear, and the car handles better.... so I'm happy....
What camber setting are you using for your rears?
Old 02-05-2016, 12:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by floridawriter
What camber setting are you using for your rears?
Rear camber = -.9 (was +.1 before)
Toe = .23
Old 02-05-2016, 09:38 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
05 CLK55 AMG (1 of 247) Cubanitsilber designo series
No doubt your car handles better than it did with positive camber!
Old 02-05-2016, 06:06 PM

CLK
Originally Posted by K-Mac
THERE IS ONLY FRONT AND REAR TOE ADJUSTMENT OEM!

WE SAW THE NEED TO MANUFACTURE AND REINSTATE FROM THE EARLY 90’S PRECISELY ADJUSTABLE (SINGLE WRENCH, ON CAR) FRONT CAMBER AND CASTER AND REAR CAMBER (WITH EXTRA TOE) KITS TO SUIT VIRTUALLY EVERY MODEL THROUGH TO 2016! INCLUDING ALSO AMG AND BLACK SERIES.

WITH K-MAC THE OFTEN HEARD REASSURING STATEMENT – “FULL FRONT AND REAR WHEEL ALIGNMENT” AGAIN MEANS WHAT IT SAYS!

CAMBER – Allows to actually change the tire contact angle, improving wear/ traction/ understeer/ oversteer

CASTER – Resolves steering pull, increases steering response. With better turn in and high speed directional control, along with improved anti dive/lift under brake and acceleration.

No more ongoing trips to dealers or alignment shops or constantly changing tire brands. A result of worn bushes, altering vehicle height, fitting wide profile tires/wheels, load carrying or because of curb knock damage.

ADDED BONUS IS THESE 4 FRONT AND REAR K-MAC ADJUSTABLE BUSHINGS also replace the highest wearing suspension bushings at the same time - with twice the load bearing area of OEM. Yet still 2 axis/self aligning without the use of air voids allowing also improved brake and steering response.

For the front (only) – there are available fluted offset bolts. But these are inaccurate (one only position) offering a minimal .3 of one degree (1/8” / 3mm) and require labour intensive disassembly each time.

While the K-MAC unique patented design provides up to 4 times this adjustment range. With the design breakthrough of eliminating the time consuming need to remove bushings each time a alignment setting needs to be changed.

Instead precise single wrench adjustment capability – on car, accurately (under load) direct on alignment rack!

FOR THE REAR SIMILAR KITSProviding Camber also for the 1st time for more even tire wear/traction. Again these 2 inner lower arm bushings are the highest wearing. Bush extraction tool included allowing bushes to be replaced on car. Rear kit also includes importantly extra Toe adjustment bushes to compensate for the new Camber facility.

NOTE – you can purchase adjustable upper Camber arms for the rear, but difficult to fit, access and to reduce inner edge tire wear unlike K-MAC lower arm bushings – these arms need to adjust top of tire outwards which reduces all important clearance to outer fender.

Front W209 Camber and Caster adjustable bushes $480 #502216K

Rear W209 Camber (and extra Toe) adjustable bushes $480 #501926J
(6/04– 09) 51mm OD lower arm inner bush

Rear W209 Camber (and extra Toe) adjustable bushes $320 #502026H
(01-5/04) 33mm OD lower arm inner bushes

Delivery price for MB World members USA/Canada is $30 one kit or $40 front and rear.

Payment can be made by PayPal, Visa, or MasterCard.

See link for latest 2016 catalog http://K-mac.com/mercedes/
I am Pretty slammed in the rear on coilovers with custom springs. How much of an adjustment can these do. Currently the negative camber is so bad I got a little over 2000 miles out of toyo t1 sports
Old 02-05-2016, 06:07 PM

CLK
Originally Posted by gixxerboy
i have rear adjustable arms on mine that i carry.
how much are these?
Old 02-05-2016, 06:08 PM

CLK

Thanks so much for the info!
Old 02-05-2016, 11:14 PM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
2013 CLS63, 2001 ML430, 2012 e350 coupe
how much are these?
$250
Old 02-09-2016, 10:28 PM
SPONSOR

Received 145 Likes on 115 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
I am Pretty slammed in the rear on coilovers with custom springs. How much of an adjustment can these do. Currently the negative camber is so bad I got a little over 2000 miles out of toyo t1 sports

K-MAC rear kit Part number 501926 ($380) for the W209 provides up to 3 degrees positive or negative adjustment.

Substantially reducing costly, premature inner edge tire wear/improving traction.

All K-MAC rear kits (to compensate) include extra Toe adjustment as well. Which is essential once the rear Camber facility is fitted.

K-MAC kits also include bush extraction tool to simplify installation allowing Camber fitment on car!

The unique patented design provides single wrench, easy adjustment on car – accurately (under load) – direct on alignment rack.

Designed to move bottom of tire inwards to reduce inner edge tire wear. Unlike difficult to fit and access upper Camber arms that need to move top of tire outwards reducing important tire to outer fender clearance.

W209 front suspension having also upper and lower control arm provides similar adjustment range with the bonus of the kit replacing the 4 highest wearing front suspension bushes. Bush extraction/insertion tubes also included.

Part number 502216 $480.
Old 03-11-2016, 08:17 PM

CLK

Could you give me any insight on how hard they were to install. My mechanic says they are a pain to replace because of a particular bolt. Any help would be great!
Old 03-11-2016, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Could you give me any insight on how hard they were to install. My mechanic says they are a pain to replace because of a particular bolt. Any help would be great!
There was no issue with the hardware (bolts, bushing, or concentric joint). (The tech commented on the quality of the product.) The issue was mostly removing the old bushings. The arms had to be removed so the bushings could be pressed out. I don't know if the press would have been needed to install the K-Macs.

After my post on the K-Macs they replied that they now have an included tool that is to make the process easier and less time consuming.