CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Android touch screen and complete audio system install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 12:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 CLK 320 convertible. A weekend driver only.
What a great thread! You guys rock for sure. This is a project that I have been thinking about but have not jumped into yet. I noticed that the eBay link goes to a seller that is now gone. I did find this head unit:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/231954376323?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Old 10-11-2016, 01:15 AM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
2004 CLK 500
Just search eBay for clk w209 android 5.1 and you will get a list . Just look for one that has the same faceplate as your car. There is a few of them just make sure it has the steering wheel control and have 4 separate channels for rca and 1 for subwoofer. Do not get the ones with only 2 ch and a subwoofer . Also do not under any reason disconnected the rcas when the unit is on you will get a grounding issues and it will create a anyoung buzz sound
Old 10-13-2016, 05:12 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2005 CLK500
I ordered mine from Ali Express.

https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/...Id=32355670556

You would need to measure your radio at the top to make sure you get the right one. Mine is 254mm, many are 260mm.

I plan to install it Saturday. I'll post lots of photos.
Old 10-21-2016, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 270 CDI W209
Steering wheel problems (CAN-BUS??)

Hello. Sorry for my bad english. I'm from Portugal and bought a Android 2DIM auto radio. I install the radio and can bus box. The steering wheel buttons are working fine, but if i change menu in Computer Board, from Audio to fuel averages for example, the buttons that i click are recognized on radio too. They must be recognized only on Audio page right? Someone can help me please? I have no data about radio in display of CB. I leave the plug (3 wires) of cd changer unplugged.

Best regards

Diogo Esteves
Old 10-25-2016, 07:35 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Firemist O5 CLK55 Cab Silver 05 CLK55 Coupe Tanzanite 06 CLK500 Coupe
This one is $375

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Quad-Core-An...MAAOSw6n5XrUuV
Old 12-20-2016, 04:07 PM

2005 CLK500
I got the unit from AliExpress. It fit in my car perfectly, everything worked, except no sound. I had to order a special cable for it, but when I went to install it I found that the efforts on a convertible were more than I was willing to do. I had the trunk and back seats all apart, but getting to the modules for the Harmon Cardin unit required me to partially remove the convertible top mechanism. I stopped there and gave up. The level of disassembly was past my comfort zone to replace one working NAV with another.

Unfortunately I had it too long and can't return it, so it is up for sale in the Classifieds section. If you have a coupe, or the stock radio without the NAV, easy install. Plug and play for the base radio, a little more involved for the Harmon Cardin, without or without the NAV, so long as you have a coupe. If you have the convertible with the Harmon Cardin, or the NAV and HC, you will need to be willing to do a substantial amount of work to make it happen.
Old 12-20-2016, 05:39 PM

2004 CLK 500
It's very easy to run it in the convertible. When you take out the back seats there is a hole that leads to the trunk . Open your trunk and look at the driver side . There is a step in the trunk. Remove all the trunk panels on the driver side and in the corner of that step is an opening . Use a close hanget and make sure you bend the tup so it doesn't snag on anything. Push it and it will come out in the hole behind the rear seats . The easiest way I found was to shine a flashlight into the hole and you would be able to see the other end . Remove the seat botom , then remove the child seat bracket it's 2 bolts. Now the back rest will be loose and in a middle is a square hole . Go through that. Let me know if you need more help
Old 12-21-2016, 09:04 AM

2005 CLK500
Originally Posted by irokdastar
It's very easy to run it in the convertible. When you take out the back seats there is a hole that leads to the trunk . Open your trunk and look at the driver side . There is a step in the trunk. Remove all the trunk panels on the driver side and in the corner of that step is an opening . Use a close hanget and make sure you bend the tup so it doesn't snag on anything. Push it and it will come out in the hole behind the rear seats . The easiest way I found was to shine a flashlight into the hole and you would be able to see the other end . Remove the seat botom , then remove the child seat bracket it's 2 bolts. Now the back rest will be loose and in a middle is a square hole . Go through that. Let me know if you need more help
Do you have photos of that? I took all the panels out of the trunk, and the rear seats completely out, then loosened that backer to the seats and saw just more panels that required a lot more disassembly. That is when I decided it was too much, because to get them out meant removing convertible top parts.
Old 12-21-2016, 04:33 PM

2004 CLK 500

I uploaded 3 picture I put an arrow showing where the access to the trunk from the rear seats are . Now go to the trunk and remove all the trunk panels on the driver side you will see the shelf and in the corner its opened with wires coming through . that's your access . I added picture from my trunk let me know if this helps.
The following users liked this post:
JimVonBaden (12-22-2016)
Old 12-22-2016, 08:52 AM

2005 CLK500

I uploaded 3 picture I put an arrow showing where the access to the trunk from the rear seats are . Now go to the trunk and remove all the trunk panels on the driver side you will see the shelf and in the corner its opened with wires coming through . that's your access . I added picture from my trunk let me know if this helps.
So, you can get to the plugs for the speakers from inside the trunk behind that panel without removing anything else but the side panels?

BTW Do you need the rear side panel off along with the rear seat like in your photo? I didn't need to remove the side panel last time.
Old 12-22-2016, 12:20 PM

2004 CLK 500
No you don't need to remove the seat to get to it . Just remove the seat bottom and the black child seat holder . The back will not be loose and you can see the opening . Go to the trunk look at the driver side . There are 2 panels the first ( closest to the tail light) has an access door that leads to fuses and convertible top reservoir . Remove the access panel and then remove the plastic screws holding the entire panel . Now the panel infornt of it can not be complaetely removed because the gas shocks for the top go through it . So just take out the plastic screws holding it in and keep it loose . Once you do that you will see the metal shelf and the wires coming out from the corner .Now Just take a flashlight and shine it in the opening from the rear seats I showed you in the picture . Go back to the trunk and you will be able to see the light coming out . Take a close hanger ( make sure its not sharp ) and fish it through the holes . now it will comes out from the hole behind the rear seat . Take electric tape and tape the wires you want to take to the trunk to the hanger and start pulling it back through the trunk slowly and your done . The wires have to plug into the amp wiring . The amp is behind the wheel well toward the back of the wheel well. You will not see the whole amp only the harness sticking out. You don't need to remove the amp just reach in and unclip the harness . look at page 1 of this DIY you will see a picture I took of where the amp is located . let me know if this helps
JimVonBaden (12-26-2016)
Old 12-22-2016, 10:17 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 999 Likes on 868 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
There are also plastic channels under the door sills that run right into the trunk. You'd still need to remove the seat bottom cushions to access them, but you wouldn't worry about the metal edges chaffing the wires.
JimVonBaden (12-26-2016)
Old 01-29-2017, 11:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 C32 AMG
Buzzing coming from HU itself...

I also bought a unit off the bay similar to the one shown here but for my W203. Thanks OP for the posts.
However, I was wondering, if anyone might be able to help me out trouble shoot a problem I have.
I installed the HU and did not hook it up to my amp nor speakers yet. I have it hooked up to the AXXess steering wheel controller, and the HU's power plug harness adapter attached. There is definitely a buzzing noise coming from the HU itself. This is without the car running, and I even detached the antenna just in case that was it. Any clues as to what could cause this?
Old 02-25-2020, 10:28 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Clk 209
Hi guys. Sorry for the delay ....
I tried yesterday to fit my joying 1din android car radio in my w209 instead of the original audio 10 and I didn't had power supply. I guess the pin are different between the two connectors mb and these of my unit (iso). Can you help me ? Thx.
Old 02-26-2020, 12:01 PM

2004 CLK 500
Do you have the correct metra wiring kit ?
Old 04-27-2020, 12:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Clk 209
Do you have the correct metra wiring kit ?
Hello. What does it look like ?
Old 04-27-2020, 08:03 PM

2004 CLK 500
I dont have a picture but go to metra and put in your cars info it will give you the correct one .
serialpyro (04-27-2020)