CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

First Post, First Merc

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz CLK 240 Coupe
First Post, First Merc

Hi All,

This is my first post on here as I purchased a 52 plate CLK 240 Coupe at the weekend and it needs a bit of interior TLC.

Apart from a good scrub there are a few things I want to fix and I would appreciate any and all advice to help me out.

Interior is cream/beige leather with the walnut dash.

I need to replace/fix:
  1. The side panel has a hole in it which I suspect is from the seat belt clip.
  2. The main black box of the centre console has a broken clip so only one lever works and you can't open to get to the bit underneath.
  3. The seat belt extender/assistant that extends when the engine is started (to bring the belt closer to you) has the end plastic triangle(ish) part missing. Not sure what its called (clearly lol) to search for a replacement.
  4. When I try the sunroof button in any of the 4 positions I hear a click but the sunroof doesn't open. Any ideas what could be wrong? The original photo online had the sunroof in the tilt position so it did open, just not now.
Thanks in advance,
Lee
Old 05-05-2016, 02:15 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2005 CLK500
Welcome Lee!

I'm too new to help much, but the center console box has release buttons on both sides. Mine is goofy and I need to push them both to open the box. It opens left to right or right to left. Took me a few minutes because I was afraid I would break it.

By the way, we need photos of your new car to properly evaluate it!
Old 05-06-2016, 01:41 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,000 Likes on 869 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
For the sunroof, try pulling fuse #9 (on the rear SAM, i.e. fuse panel in the trunk) to reset it. If this does not work, you may have a bad motor. Refer to your owner's manual in the "Practical Hints" section for how to do an emergency manual close. You basically remove the overhead control panel and use an Allen wrench to operate the mechanism. You will also see the motor there. Sometimes a "slightly more than gentle" tap on the motor will get it moving again. If not, sometimes manually operating the sunroof helps. If not, then it's either a bad motor or a broken sunroof track/cable.
Old 05-08-2016, 11:51 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
85 911 Targa
Welcome Aboard!

Where are you located OP?

If you were in SoCal, there is a great restorer in OC that redid my 911 dash, steering wheel and shifter knob and re-dyed my CLK seats, shifter boot, even the arm rest handle to like showroom new.

https://www.facebook.com/MagicTouchAuto

They are artists.
Old 05-08-2016, 10:35 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 1,000 Likes on 869 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
I can guarantee the OP is not in SoCal. In fact, given his car (CLK240, not sold in the USA) and his use of phrases like "52 plate", I suspect he's in the UK.

If he would fill out his forum user's profile, then we'd know that!