CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Aerial signal help please!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 08:47 AM

Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts
Alfa 159
Aerial signal help please!

I recently fitted a new stereo to my CLK see my "Head unit help" post for details. Its working fine but the radio signal is not quite as good as it was in as much as it fades out and gets the odd pop and crackle in areas where it did not before. However having re read this pin out for my original Audio 10 stereo have I made a simple wiring error? The new stereo has a feed to signal boosters (labelled as Aerial Power) and I wired it to pin A5 in this pin out.

http://benzbits.com/Audio10PinOuts.pdf However it describes it as Auto antenna control rather than mentioning signal booster power so If I have this wrong this would explain my imperfect reception.

So my questions are.....Is A5 the correct wire? and if not which one is the correct wire or do I need to run a wire to one of the other wire (plug C5 seems to have a few unexplained wires that I suspect are for SWC which I have not looked into yet). If A5 is indeed the correct one maybe I don't have the correct voltage from the stereo....not checked yet or maybe (as in a previous stereo) its JUST for auto up and down old school aerials and therefore on supplies power for as few seconds after switch on and a few seconds after switch off to power it up and down???...also not checked yet.

Thanks in advance for any help received.

Dean.
Old 07-17-2016, 10:18 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 999 Likes on 868 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
A5 is the correct pin to power the antenna amp. It needs constant 12v, not just an initial "pulse" when the radio is turned on. Check the head unit you installed - there may be a setting to select this functionality. If not, just wire A5 to switched 12V.
Old 07-17-2016, 10:34 AM

Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts
Alfa 159
Thank you.....