CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Battery keeps dying

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 06:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W209(sold), W212, X204
Battery keeps dying

Purchased an autocraft battery 9 months ago from advanced auto. The battery recently died on me so I thought it was because of the cheaper brand. I brought it back to advance auto for a replacement but they wouldn't budge, saying batt was completely fine. They did a full recharge on it overnight. I plugged it in and car runs up like a champ. Next day, car dies again so I gave up and went to buy another battery (directly from Mercedes this time).

My friend who is a mechanic confirmed my alternator was okay as well. He's thinking something is draining the battery. I'm not sure where to go from here.

Known issues I have on the car:
1. Clicking noise that lasts roughly 2 mins upon starting car. Pretty sure it's a bad servo motor or cracked linkage per reading other common threads.

2. Passenger seats Headrest doesn't move

Based off these 2 things above and common issues -- it's possible the passenger power seats are drawing battery? quick start would be to unplug it. Question is how and where Lol

Here's a picture of all the plugs underneath the passenger seat:

Should I just unplug one of these? Lol

Open to any and all suggestions please!! This is driving me nuts.The car runs fine currently after a jumpstart and a long drive. I'm afraid of leaving it sitting for a day without driving

Also, I have a 2004 CLK500

Last edited by Eojj; 08-16-2016 at 06:52 AM.
Old 08-16-2016, 07:58 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
clk and e coupe
if you go through the menus on your steering wheel you can check the voltage. See where that is.
do you have a power probe or volt meter?
Old 08-16-2016, 08:04 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
Not a simple task for the car owner, you have to get off the couch grab a volt meter and test every fues point for the drain or else do it the Ben's Wurld way which is to start guessing and pulling connectors until you found the source, FYI you car has about 80 connector points.

An alternative is find someone with SDscan and they will find the problem in five minutes!!