CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

hood emblem removal

Old 08-27-2016, 04:44 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
clk and e coupe
hood emblem removal

everything i see says ours is held on by to puns that push in. So the emblem should just pry off. I tried and it didnt want to move, maybe i wasnt putting enough pressure, i also didnt want to break anything incase it wasnt the correct way
Old 08-27-2016, 06:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts
2007 SL55
i know because as I was buffing my hood the emblem popped off lol...there are two rubber prongs that the badge goes in to. the 2 plastic pieces that are attached to the emblem are very fragile
Old 08-27-2016, 08:01 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

clk and e coupe
So what ive seen is correct. Is there an easy way to remove it. I want to replace with another emblem.
Old 08-28-2016, 04:43 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2005 320CLK Cab
Originally Posted by CDM Motorsports
So what ive seen is correct. Is there an easy way to remove it. I want to replace with another emblem.

I want to do the same, so if you come across a picture or make one yourself, please post.
Old 08-28-2016, 05:50 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

clk and e coupe
Originally Posted by clydem
I want to do the same, so if you come across a picture or make one yourself, please post.
i'm going to try it a little latter today. I'm using feeler gauges to slip between emblem and hood and work my way around and keep sliding in a thicker one. I'm going to put a little piece of thin cardboard by where im pressing to make sure i dont damage the paint. Ill let you know how it goes.
Old 08-28-2016, 06:21 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

clk and e coupe
ok , just did it and it was super easy and took maybe 2 mins. I started with the thinnest feeler gauge and worked it around the whole emblem, then i just kept increasing the thickness of the feeler gauge until it got loose and i was able to wiggle it with my hand and pull it off. Thats just dirt not scratches. i used the cardboard in between just incase
Attached Thumbnails hood emblem removal-emblem.jpg   hood emblem removal-emblem-2.jpg  
Old 08-28-2016, 07:09 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

clk and e coupe
Originally Posted by Amir_AMG
i know because as I was buffing my hood the emblem popped off lol...there are two rubber prongs that the badge goes in to. the 2 plastic pieces that are attached to the emblem are very fragile
are you looking to just replace yours with a stock one. If so i have the one i just took off my car. There was nothing wrong with it i just wanted a different style.
Old 08-29-2016, 09:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts
2007 SL55
Originally Posted by CDM Motorsports
are you looking to just replace yours with a stock one. If so i have the one i just took off my car. There was nothing wrong with it i just wanted a different style.
It is held up fine with 1 for now, I will probably change it to a different style one later..which one you going with?
Old 08-29-2016, 10:13 AM

Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts
Alfa 159
Mine broke both its legs off when I was polishing the hood and then proceeded to get dragged across the paint for a foot or so before I could stop......leaving three quite deep scratches. Luckily they did not go right through the lacquer and I managed to polish them out! Was quite worrying using the compound for so long......I was just waiting for the rag to turn blue to let me know I had gone too far!! Luckily my hood has been resprayed (stone chip damage after 140,000m) and I think the top coat lacquer is rather deeper than factory!
Old 08-29-2016, 02:50 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

clk and e coupe
Originally Posted by Amir_AMG
It is held up fine with 1 for now, I will probably change it to a different style one later..which one you going with?
just a black one to fit the look of the car better. But it came off super easy the way i did it
Old 08-29-2016, 02:51 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

clk and e coupe
Originally Posted by CLK200K-UK
Mine broke both its legs off when I was polishing the hood and then proceeded to get dragged across the paint for a foot or so before I could stop......leaving three quite deep scratches. Luckily they did not go right through the lacquer and I managed to polish them out! Was quite worrying using the compound for so long......I was just waiting for the rag to turn blue to let me know I had gone too far!! Luckily my hood has been resprayed (stone chip damage after 140,000m) and I think the top coat lacquer is rather deeper than factory!
ugh, yeah you got lucky, i would have freaked if that happened.
Old 08-30-2016, 09:05 AM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2009 CLK 350
FWIW dental floss is awesome for removing badges.