CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Clk seat & headlights problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 12:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 CLK 320 A209
Clk seat & headlights problem

just bought this Mercedes clk 320 its the w209 from 2003 most part is good accept for the seats that do not move forward or back because the owner said he blew a fuse i thought eh no biggie went to auto zone and bought fuses time goes by i inspect all the fuses next to the driver door in cockpit there all fine i inspect the back all buy on was burnt so i replaced it it was a red one 7.5 amp now yet it didn't fix anything and now the headlight are dim i put it on auto and they turn on high beams, when i put them on on position they become dim not even bright enough to drive at night yesterday when i drove it home it was fine ive done a lot of reaserch found some diagrams for the fuze bo but yet still have problems can anyone help.
Old 10-08-2016, 09:51 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 999 Likes on 868 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
Regarding the seat, do you hear the motors trying to work when operating the switches? If not, then it does sound like a fuse or power not getting to them. If you do hear motors, but no movement, you need to try disconnecting the seat controller for a minute to see if that help to reset it. If not, then it may be bad.

Are you sure the headlights are not working properly? There is a DRL function that operates on the low beams at half power during daytime driving. A light sensor at the top of the windshield should turn them on full power at dusk, or you can do it manually with the switch. There is a "city light" in the high beam bulb housing that comes on with the low-beam headlights. The high beams are switched on with the stalk. If this is not working properly, maybe someone has changed the wiring on the headlights, or maybe there is a problem with the front SAM.

Also, where are you located? Please update your forum user's profile to show that (at least the country) because there are some differences in the functions around the globe.
Old 10-09-2016, 02:19 AM

03 CLK 320 A209
well the guy i bought it from said it was fuze problem and the motor make no sounds i checked fuzes in cockpit and there fine the only one that was blown was number 7 fuze in the trunk of the car it was a 7.5 amp which i replace with another one of thoso red 7.5amps fuze.

Now for the headlight they where working before after i washed the car and replace number 7 fuze in the trunk, the headlight now stay in highbeams as soon as i turn on. I just checked it right now.
Also im from Katy Texas. Its the american model.
Old 10-09-2016, 03:52 PM

03 CLK 320 A209
Originally Posted by Rudeney
Regarding the seat, do you hear the motors trying to work when operating the switches? If not, then it does sound like a fuse or power not getting to them. If you do hear motors, but no movement, you need to try disconnecting the seat controller for a minute to see if that help to reset it. If not, then it may be bad.

Are you sure the headlights are not working properly? There is a DRL function that operates on the low beams at half power during daytime driving. A light sensor at the top of the windshield should turn them on full power at dusk, or you can do it manually with the switch. There is a "city light" in the high beam bulb housing that comes on with the low-beam headlights. The high beams are switched on with the stalk. If this is not working properly, maybe someone has changed the wiring on the headlights, or maybe there is a problem with the front SAM.

Also, where are you located? Please update your forum user's profile to show that (at least the country) because there are some differences in the functions around the globe.
well the guy i bought it from said it was fuze problem and the motor make no sounds i checked fuzes in cockpit and there fine the only one that was blown was number 7 fuze in the trunk of the car it was a 7.5 amp which i replace with another one of thoso red 7.5amps fuze.

Now for the headlight they where working before after i washed the car and replace number 7 fuze in the trunk, the headlight now stay in highbeams as soon as i turn on. I just checked it right now.
Also im from Katy Texas. Its the american model.
Old 10-09-2016, 09:14 PM
MBworld Guru

NO LONGER ACTIVE
Headlights are controlled by the front SAM - they have no fuses. I suspect you have a problem there. Check the fuse panel under the hjob for water intrusion.

As for the seats, if nothing works, it may be a bad or disconnected seat controller. Check under there for any obvious problems like broken or unplugged wiring.
The following users liked this post:
victorbenz (10-15-2016)
Old 10-09-2016, 11:22 PM

03 CLK 320 A209
Headlights are controlled by the front SAM - they have no fuses. I suspect you have a problem there. Check the fuse panel under the hjob for water intrusion.

As for the seats, if nothing works, it may be a bad or disconnected seat controller. Check under there for any obvious problems like broken or unplugged wiring.
The passenger seat had a broken plugged i fixed yet still same problem also srs warning is on it says its defective I'm guessing its the same problem as seats not moving, now my alarm want working i change the battery on the key fob to the right cr 2025 ones but yet not working so i found out fuze 8 in the trunk is the right one so i went ahead and try to put new fuze on it which is a 7.5 amp and it blew in my hand, yea im ok luckily, but do you have an idea what could be going on?
Old 10-10-2016, 10:28 PM
MBworld Guru

NO LONGER ACTIVE
Fuse 8 blowing means the ATA (alarm) siren is shot. it has an internal backup battery that dies with age and leaks and kills the circuitry. That, or road salt got to it. The ATA siren is located under the fender shroud, behind the front passenger side wheel. For now, just unplug it and replace fuse #8. The fix is to replace the siren (under $200, I think).
The following users liked this post:
victorbenz (10-15-2016)
Old 10-12-2016, 12:44 AM

03 CLK 320 A209
Fuse 8 blowing means the ATA (alarm) siren is shot. it has an internal backup battery that dies with age and leaks and kills the circuitry. That, or road salt got to it. The ATA siren is located under the fender shroud, behind the front passenger side wheel. For now, just unplug it and replace fuse #8. The fix is to replace the siren (under $200, I think).
Awesome ill be doing that soon is this the part and do you think this is a good price for it http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-Ben...xX~Thm&vxp=mtr
Old 10-12-2016, 10:13 PM
MBworld Guru

NO LONGER ACTIVE
Or this:

http://www.mboemparts.com/oe-mercedes-benz/2198203226

This is Mercedes-Benz of Naperville, IL that has an online store with good prices.
Old 10-12-2016, 11:45 PM

03 CLK 320 A209
Or this:

http://www.mboemparts.com/oe-mercedes-benz/2198203226

This is Mercedes-Benz of Naperville, IL that has an online store with good prices.

Awesome i went ahead and disconnected it for now & fuze went in no problem and now it works!! thanks you !!! and thanks for link much cheaper
Old 10-13-2016, 08:46 PM

03 CLK 320 A209

So it turns out the cables wernt on ther all the way they where loose one problem down but now i need to fix the headlights there low beams not working still i recorded a video of me going through them, can i send it to you somewhere,
Old 10-13-2016, 08:48 PM

03 CLK 320 A209
also SRS warning and light are still on the dash
Old 10-13-2016, 09:27 PM
MBworld Guru

NO LONGER ACTIVE
Check the wiring inside the headlight assembly, where it attaches to the bulb sockets. The insulation on these wires can melt and cause shorts.
Old 10-13-2016, 09:46 PM

03 CLK 320 A209
Check the wiring inside the headlight assembly, where it attaches to the bulb sockets. The insulation on these wires can melt and cause shorts.

Imim on in right now... do you think that would have to do with the passanger window going down everytime i open it
Old 10-13-2016, 10:03 PM

03 CLK 320 A209
just checked all 4 of them i think they are fine cable insulation melted but they light one of them was kinda loose from the housing but its fixed now, but still the light are on high beams no matter what
Old 10-13-2016, 10:21 PM
MBworld Guru

NO LONGER ACTIVE
Passenger window issues would have nothing to do with the headlights. Maybe it just needs to be re-normalized. I'd pull fuse 22 (cabin panel) for a few minutes to reset the door controller. After that, lower the glass halfway, then pull up on the switch fully until it raises, then release, and pull up again and hold for five extra seconds.

As for the headlights, is it possible someone has messed with the wiring? If not, then it sounds liker a blown SAM.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:26 PM

03 CLK 320 A209
Passenger window issues would have nothing to do with the headlights. Maybe it just needs to be re-normalized. I'd pull fuse 22 (cabin panel) for a few minutes to reset the door controller. After that, lower the glass halfway, then pull up on the switch fully until it raises, then release, and pull up again and hold for five extra seconds.

As for the headlights, is it possible someone has messed with the wiring? If not, then it sounds liker a blown SAM.

should i disconnect battery before pulling fuze 22? and no it was working fine, i did open the front fuze box in the engine compartment on driver side infront of the steering wheel is that the SAM.. maybe i moved or unpugged something when i open the door? or even worse blew the dam thing. ?
Old 10-13-2016, 10:55 PM

03 CLK 320 A209
Pulled the fuze but that didnt do anything window still going doen and if door open and i raise the window once it reaches the top it goes back down

Last edited by victorbenz; 10-13-2016 at 11:10 PM.
Old 10-14-2016, 06:08 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
CLK W209
Window sounds like it's doing that anti-trap feature, where if it thinks it is closing on someone or something (by resistance) then it will stop and lower an few inches. Perhaps the window might recognise the full close as a trapped object
Old 10-14-2016, 10:22 PM
MBworld Guru

NO LONGER ACTIVE
Fuse 22 is on the cabin panel (end of the dash, driver's side). And no need to disconnect the battery to pull it.
Old 10-15-2016, 01:15 AM

03 CLK 320 A209
Originally Posted by victorbenz
Pulled the fuze but that didnt do anything window still going doen and if door open and i raise the window once it reaches the top it goes back down
Originally Posted by victorbenz
should i disconnect battery before pulling fuze 22? and no it was working fine, i did open the front fuze box in the engine compartment on driver side infront of the steering wheel is that the SAM.. maybe i moved or unpugged something when i open the door? or even worse blew the dam thing. ?
Fuse 22 is on the cabin panel (end of the dash, driver's side). And no need to disconnect the battery to pull it.
so i found out no need to disconnect the battery but it didn't do anything the window still messed up, when i close the door it sounds like something is loose.
Old 10-15-2016, 10:24 AM
MBworld Guru

NO LONGER ACTIVE
Probably a broken window regulator. Remove the door panel and check it out. If tit's just the glass having come off the plastic "trolley" at the bottom, I believe there is a repair kit for that.