CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Is it possible to close windows without keys

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W209 - 2003 CLK500
Is it possible to close windows without keys

Hi all,

I got into a small accident a few weeks ago which punctured the radiator. I had the car towed to a local garage.

I went to see the car today to determine the cost of putting the car back on the road and I'm undecided as to whether it's worth the $3,500 estimate. If I do, indeed go through with repairing the car, I'll need a few weeks to put the money together.

In the meantime, I need to close the power windows. Somewhere between the time of the accident and today, we managed to lose the only key I have. A friend of mine lent me his Xentry / DAS system but I was unable to do very much given that I have a very limited knowledge of the DAS system.

My question:

1. does anybody know whether it's possible to close the power windows without having any access to the keys (please note that I still have access to DAS / Xentry).

Many thanks in advance.
Old 11-25-2016, 09:48 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 999 Likes on 868 Posts
NO LONGER ACTIVE
You need to energize circuit 30. I am not sue if there is a way in SDS to do this or not - I can't find one, but that does not mean it's not possible. Circuit 30 is on pre-fuse #1 (under the positive jump terminal, under the hood), so you could jump power to it, though I'm also not sure if that's a good thing to do or not. Given the damage, it's worth a try. It's not as if you can make things much worse.
Old 11-29-2016, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 131 Likes on 129 Posts
not a merc
That will NOT work.. door modules have term 30 permanently! You need to give it term 15! But I am afraid term 15 comes over CAN bus from ing switch. So with no key you are stuck. Only way is remove door panel and power the motor directly. Good luck